Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 23:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 16:19 pm 

Isn't that the truth. Along the line of local populaces putting up with insurgents, have you heard of Iraqi civilians returning fire at insurgents? A few weeks ago i was reading the paper and came across an article saying that when insurgents tried to attack a US convoy a whole bunch of civilians pulled guns out from their stores and slaughtered the insurgents. Take that you damn leftists who say the Iraqi people are against the US "occupation"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 22:18 pm 

Jason Briggs wrote:
Isn't that the truth. Along the line of local populaces putting up with insurgents, have you heard of Iraqi civilians returning fire at insurgents? A few weeks ago i was reading the paper and came across an article saying that when insurgents tried to attack a US convoy a whole bunch of civilians pulled guns out from their stores and slaughtered the insurgents. Take that you damn leftists who say the Iraqi people are against the US "occupation"!

Yeah it goes to show the state of affairs that shop owners are armed heavily. They're just that scared and I don't blame them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 01:04 am 

On the topic of insurgents in Iraq ...
1) As long as neighboring totalitarian regimes are funding them they will continue to operate.
2) As long as said regimes see it as politically a smart thing to do to first pacify radical amongst them, and to get the one's most prone to violent acts out of their territories, they will continue to fund them.

I the long term .... 10 yrs out.
If Iraq does start to stand on it own, and get it's economy working it will ...
Again become an economic powerhouse in the region.
And again in time become the largest and most modern military of the region.
When the 5 to 8 yr olds of today become the soldiers and mid level commanders there will be an attack launched on the Royal family of Saudi Arabia in reprisal for generations of meddling and manipulating.
The Arabic version of the French revolution. Then true democracies will start to flourish. And the first real opportunities ant long term peace between some Arabic communities and Israel may happen.
Maybe not the Palestinians, but the ones that want to open up to a more capitalist economy model will.
just my opinions

"cool beanz"
D. "FETCH" Jordan