Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 22:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 22:21 pm 

Hey boys. Do't it just burn you how all the mainstream news companies are always reporting on every attack or ambush in Iraq, and not about how US and British troops are progressing in pacifying the country. As many know, the Iraqi election was pre-condemned by the media as a definite failure, yet when election time in Iraq rolled around, the voter output was in astoundingly high numbers, a major victory against the insurgents, as they were defeated in attempting to keep Iraq from having elections. When the election happened, CNN and many other media groups (excluding Fox, of course :D ) reported on the event minimally or a few days later, like it was not really something of importance. I think the company heads thought it was bad press to report on something going right in a war widely condemned as wrong by wimpy and corrupt liberals in the UN and Europe. I think the media should report an even balance of good and bad things, and leave it to the public to make up their minds on whether they agree with the war or not and stop making up their minds for them with one-sided news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 16:49 pm 

I tatally agree. The media seems to have a prefrence for reporting the bad stuff that happens, usually citing that it is what people are interested in. It's all about the ratings. Stuff like people getting killed or stuff getting blown up will allways get more coverage than stuff like elections or rescuing cats out of trees, so to speak. I personally believe the military is the hardest hit when it comes to this regaurd. The bad stuff that happens with/to/by them always seems to be major news stories, but the good stuff seems to be reletivly a footnote. It's not always the case. but it happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 19:47 pm 

5 GI's Die

Water Main Open in Tikrit

Which one of those will you hear first?