Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 09:17 am 

UPDATE #1: We found out that if using dgvoodoo2, "ESC" key won't work in-game during the flight. In order, to quit a mission, click on "CTRL+Q". Do NOT click on "esc" key during a flight. This is still ongoing problems. If anyone know the solution, please inform me. If you don't want to use dgvoodoo2, you will have a laggy / stuttering problems in Cockpit / HUD mode view.

UPDATE#2: (If using dgvoodoo2) It turns out that if you assign the joystick buttons and it is already assigned, it will alt+tab you out asking if you want to overwrite the previous assigned button. After you click yes / no, you will need to exit the game and run IAF again, in order, to assign another button.

UPDATE#3: It turns out that Jane's IAF is unstable with dgvoodoo2. This needs further testing. I apologize for causing the disappointments. If the solution is found, the instruction will be updated. In the meanwhile, Jane's USAF is stable especially with dgvoodoo2.

UPDATE#4: There are another solution to run Jane's IAF on higher resolution with a proper aspect ratio. It is a big thank to SandMartin for sharing the solution. Thank you very much! An instruction for running Jane's IAF in a higher resolution with a proper aspect ratio with smooth FPS for cockpit and HUD view is posted here.

Hello everyone,

Before I continue, I want to give my thanks to SandMartin, ragnarokryan, Centurian, and other for the helps and supports in getting Jane's IAF to run on Windows 10. Because of all you, we are able to run Jane's IAF on Windows 10.

Here are an instruction on how to install and run Jane's IAF on a higher resolution with a proper aspect ratio. Please note, dgvoodoo2 won't run well with Jane's IAF. Instead, you will need to use DXWind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, there are different solution to get Jane's series sims running on Windows 10. I tried different solutions. I am sharing what I find most successful. I am not sure if the sounds actually work though, so please let me know if the sounds works in the sims.

NOTE: The instruction may change through time if there are alternative methods of getting the sims to run on Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

> Install Jane's IAF <

1) Install Jane's IAF and patch it

2) Tackleberry Patch:

https://www.moddb.com/games/janes-unite ... iaf-and-fa

NOTE: There is a IAF patch in a folder "JITP"

3) Copy all files inside JITP folder to IAF main folder

4) Open IAFCONFIG.EXE and check if "Use Hardware Acceleration" is enabled. Then click "Test".

5) Download DXWind from https://www.old-games.ru/utils/soft/
NOTE: Look for a file name DXWnd (OG Edition) then click on Скачать (Download)

(Thank you SandMartin for the instruction pictures.)

6) Extract the files and copy 3 files to IAF main folder:
launch.exe
dxwnd.exe
dxwnd.dll

7) Run dxwnd.exe

8) Right click on a empty space as shown in the picture and then click on "Add (A)":

9) Input the location of IAFJets.exe as shown in the picture then click OK:

10) Right click on IAF text and click "modify" and enable the following:
Hook DirectDraw
Fullscreen
Don't Hide Mouse Pointer

10) Click on OK and double click on IAF text to launch and test IAF.

11) Go back and right click on IAF text, click on modify, then change the resolution to your native monitor's resolution. Then click on "OK', then launch IAF (by double clicking on IAF text).

12) ENJOY FLYING Jane's IAF!

NOTE:

If you run IAF on a higher resolution, you will get two small GUIs, which is normal. When you fly a mission, you will get a full screen.

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Last edited by Eagle114th on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 19:54 pm 

UPDATE #1: We found out that if using dgvoodoo2, "ESC" key won't work in-game during the flight. In order, to quit a mission, click on "CTRL+Q". Do NOT click on "esc" key during a flight. This is still ongoing problems. If anyone know the solution, please inform me. If you don't want to use dgvoodoo2, you will have a laggy / stuttering problems in Cockpit / HUD mode view.

UPDATE#2: (If using dgvoodoo2) It turns out that if you assign the joystick buttons and it is already assigned, it will alt+tab you out asking if you want to overwrite the previous assigned button. After you click yes / no, you will need to exit the game and run IAF again, in order, to assign another button.

UPDATE#3: It turns out that Jane's IAF is unstable with dgvoodoo2. This needs further testing. I apologize for causing the disappointments. If the solution is found, the instruction will be updated. In the meanwhile, Jane's USAF is stable especially with dgvoodoo2.

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 20:30 pm 

UPDATE#4: There are another solution to run Jane's IAF on higher resolution with a proper aspect ratio. It is a big thank to SandMartin for sharing the solution. Thank you very much! An instruction for running Jane's IAF in a higher resolution with a proper aspect ratio with smooth FPS for cockpit and HUD view is posted here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 03:46 am 

Great stuff on the vintage flight sims in Windows 10 Eagle...

Would you mind adding these posts over on the VNFAWING.com Forums in the "Other Flight Sims" Sub Forums...

Specifically the "Flying Vintage Flight Simulators in Windows 10" Sub Forum.

Link below...

https://www.vnfawing.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

(I am also PMing you this)

CAG out...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...