Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 14:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wings over Europe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 am 

'Wings Over Europe: Cold War Gone Hot' is new simulation game. i dunno when it was released but its pretty new.

"Flyable aircraft include the: F-100 Super Sabre, F-105 Thunderchief, F-4 Phantom II,
F-15 Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt II, British Hunter, and the exciting vertical take-off and landing of the Harrier "jump jet."" no f/a-18. 8)

this game is made by same developers as wings over vietnam so it shouldnt be that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 00:11 am 

Has anyone tried this?

It is an evolution of the Strike Fighters engine. Some aspects of that game didn't impress me, I don't have it installed anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 23:01 pm 

its a rather more fun and easy game than our own type of complicated and accurate FA or Jane's F-15. But i dont think its worth the cash. I think lock on is still a better sim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 19:39 pm 

I say Wing over Europe is WORTH it, believe me... it is realistic in simple way, you just jump into cockpit of aircraft, slam throttle where you would roar toward sky from runway. And even better, there are many of add-on aircrafts where you can download them into your WOE.

Flight models and weapons behavior are realistic, especially radar also, but you only require several buttons to get them working instead of many buttons like in pure hardcore.

I would say it's 'simplecore' but is realistic. I have been flying Strike Fighter for many years and is never disappointed in it, along with Fighter Athnology with FAF libs (but I stopped last years, it is explained in my 'my return topic' but I am going to fly again this christmas.)

I used to enjoy Falcon, but it's too much work and is waste of my time to spend month to learn how everything operates, but if I were real pilot, I would have done alot of these studies with no problem. Since I am not real pilot, so I prefer simple but realistic simulator.

However, if any of you are pure hardcore, WOE is not for you, but if any of you want realistic but in simple way, then it is perfect for you.

Eagle out...

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 23:01 pm 

VNFAWING-Updates wrote:
The FMs are weak, they are not up to Kap's standards...

And that is why Fm are incredibly moddable, and if you have not noticed, there are updated FM downloads done by person who have knowledge with an aerodynamic like Kaptor have done for FAF.

That is one of things I loved about the engine of SF1!

:)

Eagle out...

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF