Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:52 am 

Here are a few shots of the new IL-28 Beagle Bomber and the AGM-84H SLAM-ER missile shape...

I built the Beagle bomber by modifications to the E-2C Hawkeye shape. I created the canopy by altering the size and location of the radar dome...

Here is a pic of the IL-28 in Strike Fighters... As you can see I still need to do further work on this aircraft, but I am very close to the correct layout so far...

The SLAM-ER shape was modified from the original SLAM missile shape...

ImageImage

I hope you like them both...

I held up on the SU-9 Fishpot to correct an error I found at the last minute...

CAG out...

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Thu Jan 11, 2018 23:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 16:48 pm 

That's awesome. Moving vertices around a little was what I though was possible. Using the radar dome polygons at an entirely different place is beyond all I ever imagined doable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:13 am 

I would have heartly agreed with you until this weekend... I now understand alot more about how the polygons mesh to each other...

And how to move them, what the limits are and why they dissappear at certain angles...

I hope to soon have that error fully corrected...

Just 1 step closer to building all completely new shapes...

CAG out...

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 01:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 17:00 pm 

Hotshot, for a little note, are you going to add automatic tailgunner someday? Because sometime, when I flew bomber such as B-52H Stratofortress, Tu-95 'Bear', Tu-22M, and other bomber with alot of defense gun, and you still had to lock on target from any angle and press trigger to fire at them. It'd be alot better if you have AI to fire gun for you as you would be concentrated on bombing target or firing cruise missile at target and escape?

I'm just giving you a bit of suggestion as you keep coding more of new things into your FAF, and I thought you would like to know these kind of suggestion about trying to inserting AI codes into gunnery position when you have time sometime?

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 20:50 pm 

Great Idea! I had not thought about it... I remember the auto gun positions on the B-17s, He-111s, and Bf-110s..from the old Battle of Britian sim from the 80s...

THough I have no idea how we would go about it in FAF, perhaps this is something for FA-2 Stage 2...

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 20:05 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Great Idea! I had not thought about it... I remember the auto gun positions on the B-17s, He-111s, and Bf-110s..from the old Battle of Britian sim from the 80s...

THough I have no idea how we would go about it in FAF, perhaps this is something for FA-2 Stage 2...

CAG out...

I have an idea that might will put you into right direction. You remember the way AI from AAA or gunnery from bomber usually react and fire at gun as you approach them. How about, if you arm bomber with gun (It probably wont be in weapon load, but still is in bomber), and act it as if it were AAA attached to bomber? I mean, if you attach AAA, with gun shape with AI on each position where gun is armed on bomber?

For example, if I fly B-52D, I'd only have weapon load screen with bombs or cruiser missile. And at the other hand, you would notice .50 caliber (or deadly M61 Vulcan cannon on B-52H), attached on tail of B-52. When you were about to bomb, and you notice enemy fighter approaching you from behind, and AI AAA (which were attached to tail of B-52D) would start firing .50 caliber at enemy when it get into range of 4 of .50 caliber of machine gun!

I just hope that my idea will give you alot of good idea what to doand point you into right way before doing something like that in short future!

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:04 am 

You idea is flawed...

The AAA vehicle is AI controlled, while the aircraft will be human controlled...

So that idea wont work, unfortunately...

Keep thinking though, you might come up with a new, workable idea...

CAG out...

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 01:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 23:34 pm 

OH crap! I will keep thinking of other way!

;)