Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 20:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 23:23 pm 

I 've been browsing the VNFA forums since they seem to be the only ones that are still working on FA (And fitting, since they are just way ahead of everyone else) but I didn't see anything FA related for the last few months...

Does this mean FA's officially dead? This board has next to no activity anymore, and since I've just been banned from the VNFAWING website (Which is pretty weird, because I can't even recall ever posting there, though I did try to because I wanted to help out considering FA music) but I guess that's not that important, just kind of rude, depending on your perspective... maybe I'm overreacting because I now have no access to the future of FA...

I guess it's really sad for me that FA is pretty much dead... I mostly opened up this thread so that someone who has access to the VNFAWING site could post some new information if anything happens...

Cheers!

Last edited by Speedy on Mon Nov 28, 2005 13:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 19:52 pm 

sppedy, basically vnfa used this site as an Advertisement to gather fans for their own website. They no longer bother to post in here unless it is an update about their website. so they are using Zephyr net as nothing but an advertiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 14:59 pm 

CAG, I think I understand your viewpoint perfectly, and I won't comment further about this topic.

From my perspective, VNFAWING is owned and operated by specific individuals. I know that if I owned a forum and someone was pissing me off, I'd get rid of him in an instant despite what rules had been set. Rules on a forum are moreso guidelines than anything, and those who actually pay to keep the place running should have ultimate jurisdiction. However, banning someone who didn't go against the forum rules (because I didn't even post yet) kind of goes against logic but it's understandable.

But anyhow, as long as FA lives on, I don't care who's doing the work.

Of course, I don't intend to do any more FA work anyhow, so you don't have anything to fear from me.

FATK is simply driving me insane.

But anyway, thanks for posting the updates, taking time out of your busy schedule to check around a dead board sure must be a pain...

Last edited by Speedy on Mon Nov 28, 2005 13:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 13:15 pm 

Okay, so it's business. I don't want to have anything to do with that.

But changing the subject, as long as I have your attention I may as well make good use of it.

I recall you posted something a long time ago on the VNFAWING boards about the Vietnamese radio messages, and how they worked. I commented to you earlier, but I wasn't sure if you got the comment.

Anyway, the alternate radio messages are tied to the North Vietnamese nationality. They will work on any map. This is obviously useful if you have the resources to compile a whole new set up radio messages in another language, or another gender, if possible.

If you can choose sides in the FA Korea scenario, you could have the North Vietnamese nationality be replaced as Chinese. (If you could get Chinese radio messages) And if the player wants to listen to them when flying as the Chinese, simply make sure the player controlled aircraft's nationality is North Vietnamese. (Or whatever the name is after you hex edit it)

I'm not sure if FA Futures (Or FA2, I keep mixing the two up) will still be using the FA music/sound engine, but anyway I can help you out with music if you have problems with them.

As long as I can help out when I can, I don't care if I'm banned. I'm not interested in joining in discussion at the VNFAWING boards, at least not in the Off-Topic forums. Joking about bombing the hell out of a poor country is just sadistic. Besides, you guys wouldn't want alternate opinions anyway.

Contact me if there's anything else I could do...

BTW, I don't know if you noticed but I compiled the music list from the default FA on another topic in this forum... that should be useful to FA Futures, unless you're using a new engine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 03:33 am 

Well, a new sound engine certainly sounds great. I was just wondering if the next version of FA Futures would come out as a conversion of stock FA?

I don't need you to work with me. I don't need anything from you. All I want is for you to make FA2 the best flight sim ever.

I can't figure out what you're talking about when you say you can't accept help from me. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use any of my work. Not that I have anything that you probably don't have already, but I just couldn't figure out what you meant.

That said, keep up the good work.

I'm not trying to get into the VNFAWING team. No interest. Just doing what I can for this great flightsim.