Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 14:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:13 am 

Well I'm not a tech like it seems most you guys are I'm just a Young man that remembers playing FA while I was in HS going on to Janes Online every chance I could & getting to play for a few minutes before I would freeze up. I left for the US Navy (enlisted) & spent 5 years doing my duty until I was cut loose by my CO 3 days b/f my EAOS & transfer to the Army (I wanted to do some ground pouning). At home I found my old flight stick in a box of my things from a time now past & it made me think about the fun I used to have with FA I'm now trying to find a copy of it (it seems mine didn't make it through one of the many moves my mom had made while I was gone) & see what I can do to play. Online or other wise (coop & against other humans) I'd like to know what help I can enlist & people that would be willing to guide me through getting everything to work on the system I'm using (XP) I couldn't tell you what cards & such I have b/c the last time I was really into things I was upgrageing 286's to 486's & P100's where the hottest thing around. It sounds like you guys have done great things & I'd like to experince just the basic game again let alone the changes you guys seem to have done. I'm all for learning what it will take to prove myself (I'm not a tech guy but I can fly & I now a thing or to about actual A/C) so let me know if there are any active squads & what I'd have to do to join up (I know what it is like to be a newbie) & I'm willing to put in for a real group of guys that are out to have FUN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 13:10 pm 

Get FA up and running and patch it with the patch that comes on the CD.
Then just hang around here cause this is THE place to be right now. CAG and I ( and a few others ) have been working for several years now on a MASSIVE improvement to the ENTIRE FA baseline game, wont be too much longer now before some kind of release. Just get back to flying FA and get your skills back up!

Let your anger be like the monkey which hides inside the piniata.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 01:04 am 

I've got my old F-15 Talon flight stick, is there a throtle stick that anyone requemends to acompany it or do should I be getting a whole new setup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 01:33 am 

All I can say is I had Logitec Wingmans and loved them, but they didnt hold up for more than a year or so at best. I got a Saitec Cyborg and took it back the next day ( it screwed up my whole system !! ).
I got myself a Saitec X-45 for Christmas and have been happy ever since. It has held up for several years now of playing ALMOST everyday. Some people have had problems with the early software, but the SST version has worked very well and stable for me.

Let your anger be like the monkey which hides inside the piniata.

Post subject: New To FA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 17:54 pm 

Rock

I have had good luck with a MicroSoft Sidewinder stick. I have had it for many years. See you around.

Regards,
Pappy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 21:50 pm 
Ive got a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback pro. Best stick ever.

Only bad thing is you have to finagle to get it working in XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 16:45 pm 

I've got a copy of FA enroute via Ebay picked it up in the Box for about $30 including shipping... I'm looking at buying a computer any requimends? I'd want it for gaming. Can I get two versions-best on a budget & top of the line. Is there anything that should be coming out soon that I should wait for? & is a TRACKIR useable & worth while item for FA. Thanks for the info I know I'm using the furom topics a bit loosely but I'm working on that I've never posted before...