Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 18:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wow, FA still around?!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 05:40 am 

I was looking through my old bookmarks that I saved off my old AMD K6, 384mb Ram, 10gb HD and my 3Dfx Voodoo 3 2000PCI and found this website in there.

I have not played FA on this computer and found that there are still players of FA out there?! Wow! Thats all I can say.

The last time I played was when Mplayer.com was still around (I cant remember my screen name on that, but my avatar was a evil looking skull with the jester hat). I also recall someone telling me I handled a Mig-29 very well taking down two F-22's and almost becoming a flaming crater with my damage @ 73%, loosing Hydraulic fluid and having the stick feel sluggish... Also had to land without auto pilot because the computer was dead :P (then again at that time I was still learning how to land without having the "Eject Eject Eject!" sound from hitting the ground to hard or something.)

I found my old disk just the other day too and had to blow off the thick layer of dust just to see what game it was (its was found in a box down in the basement so yeah, kinda dusty after 6-8 years of sitting)

I might install it to see how it handles on XP but I may dig up my old computer to play on because I have a Game port Style joystick and this computer only handles USB. My old computer has the game port and I remember seeing the game run on 3dfx vs what it runs on now and yeah... I want my good looking 3dfx for old school games!

Anyway I am off to bed, catch the posts sometime tomorrow, looking forward to hearing from old school FA gamers