Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 03:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 23:03 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Once they are 11k.wav files then your windows media player will play them, as well as your windows sound recorder.

To convert them from Janes .11K format you need the FA toolkit to convert them to .wav files...

so I've looked into it with FATK, but couldn't figure out how to convert these musics I've downloaded from the link here

how to convert??? please explain in detail...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 00:09 am 

Did you read the toolkit help files? You have to create a desktop shortcut directly to the help files and run them outside of the FATK itself because XP will not read them as help files. The help files are usually stored at the following local address if you did a standard installation...

"C:\JANES\Fighters Anthology\TOOLKIT\FATK.HLP"

Once you have created the shortcut and run them there is a contents and you go go sound editing, then when the window opens its interactive and you click on any of segments of the image to get addtional information.

IIRC its basically like this (and anyone chime in incase I got it wrong as its been about 5 or 6 years since I have used it)...

You import the sound files to the FATK, then select to edit the sound file and hit the speaker play button when the windows sound recorder opens to play the file, once you are sure its the file you want you use the SAVE AS command from the FILE dropdown menu to save it in WAV format to your desktop and then use it as any over WAV sound file...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 00:59 am 

CAG Hotshot wrote:

You import the sound files to the FATK, then select to edit the sound file and hit the speaker play button when the windows sound recorder opens to play the file, once you are sure its the file you want you use the SAVE AS command from the FILE dropdown menu to save it in WAV format to your desktop and then use it as any over WAV sound file...

actually I've used the TK before, so I'm not completely unaware of it, but when I tried import in the sound category, it only let me import WAV files :!: :?: :?: :?: not .11k files

sooooo?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 07:02 am 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Vodi wrote:
thats the tricky part I didn't fully get done yet. There are certain files I cannot important to audacity (the ones in the FA 11k folder). I am trying to get it done but it is confusing ^^.

Its going to stay confusing until you get the FATK and install it and gain access to the files in .wav format. In the native Janes format they are compressed and unplayable.

I have the FA-toolkit, just have to dig it out of my external HDD. I am just missing the point of I can just load the .11k and extract it or if it involves using those other .exe GUI files (I recall reading a thread about zephyr explaining the use of the FATK and this confusing part about this GUI tool).

Just give me a bit. I have to grab the tool quickly :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 23:49 pm 

I don't know much about working with music in the FATK, but I am having trouble importing the files in the FA 11K folder (from the zip file Cobra posted) into a project. The files play as static in the TK. The ATF 11K and FA Menu files import OK.

The method I am using is: creating an 11K file in a project, and replacing that file in the project directory with a renamed file from the zip Cobra posted. I will continue to look into it....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 17:36 pm 

Vodi wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
Vodi wrote:
thats the tricky part I didn't fully get done yet. There are certain files I cannot important to audacity (the ones in the FA 11k folder). I am trying to get it done but it is confusing ^^.

Its going to stay confusing until you get the FATK and install it and gain access to the files in .wav format. In the native Janes format they are compressed and unplayable.

I have the FA-toolkit, just have to dig it out of my external HDD. I am just missing the point of I can just load the .11k and extract it or if it involves using those other .exe GUI files (I recall reading a thread about zephyr explaining the use of the FATK and this confusing part about this GUI tool).

Just give me a bit. I have to grab the tool quickly :D

hey bro, so how did you able to extract some of the music to .wav in your downloadable files?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 02:12 am 

FAN7 wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:

actually I've used the TK before, so I'm not completely unaware of it, but when I tried import in the sound category, it only let me import WAV files :!: :?: :?: :?: not .11k files

sooooo?

You have to import those INSIDE a lib... not as individual files...

The 11K sound files in FA are all contained within one of the default libraries and as Zephyr has noted in other custom libs, but there can be issues if they have not been correctly built to begin with.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Tue Mar 01, 2011 02:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 02:14 am 

Zephyr wrote:
I don't know much about working with music in the FATK, but I am having trouble importing the files in the FA 11K folder (from the zip file Cobra posted) into a project. The files play as static in the TK. The ATF 11K and FA Menu files import OK.

The method I am using is: creating an 11K file in a project, and replacing that file in the project directory with a renamed file from the zip Cobra posted. I will continue to look into it....

Have you tried creating a new lib to import using liblock?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 20:31 pm 

I'm not sure what Liblock is? Is it Libhack?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 00:02 am 

Yes most likely its the same one...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 am 

has anyone succeed :?:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:52 pm 

Hi guys :).

Okay, my time is a bit constrained or how you say in english.

nevertheless, I took some time to get this .aup file done and uploaded. It features the menu music from vanilla Janes ATF (not in any particular order)

Not much yet, but I am trying to get this done.
I will see if I can upload some random ones too, while I am at it.

Menu 000 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ICYnLp29Ms
Menu 001 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft0Z4XFhWt8 (one of my favorite ones)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 13:13 pm 

Vodi wrote:
Hi guys :).

Okay, my time is a bit constrained or how you say in english.

nevertheless, I took some time to get this .aup file done and uploaded. It features the menu music from vanilla Janes ATF (not in any particular order)

Not much yet, but I am trying to get this done.
I will see if I can upload some random ones too, while I am at it.

Menu 000 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ICYnLp29Ms
Menu 001 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft0Z4XFhWt8 (one of my favorite ones)

can you please do/upload all the midi files (all in mission music from original USNF, ATF & NATO which I believe all included in FA)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:52 am 

FAN7 wrote:
can you please do/upload all the midi files (all in mission music from original USNF, ATF & NATO which I believe all included in FA)

I´ll see what I can do. I am trying to get a hang of how to rip this stuff correctly.
I don´t have USNF so somebody would have to upload those soundfiles to mediafire or such too.

Plus, I need to get the hang of the workflow on this FA toolkit so I can rip the other soundfiles.

I have converted several random themes of ATF (midi I think) to .wav . I just want to see if I can get this structured correctly so that it is not confusing. I suppose I will just keep the names (like "air001" etc) as they are and convert what I can.

There are other 11k files in ATF that I simply can´t convert. I can´t tell if these need to be imported differently or if they are simply no sound at all.

One thing I am trying to figure is where the menu music is actually stored. The only reason why I was able to upload the menumusic in my previous post was because I recorded it directly from game-> audacity (you can even hear me clicking a menubutton at the end lol).

I also know a lot of music in vanilla ATF that I simply cant find :/.
More to come ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 am 

Vodi wrote:
FAN7 wrote:

I´ll see what I can do. I am trying to get a hang of how to rip this stuff correctly.
I don´t have USNF so somebody would have to upload those soundfiles to mediafire or such too.

Plus, I need to get the hang of the workflow on this FA toolkit so I can rip the other soundfiles.

I have converted several random themes of ATF (midi I think) to .wav . I just want to see if I can get this structured correctly so that it is not confusing. I suppose I will just keep the names (like "air001" etc) as they are and convert what I can.

There are other 11k files in ATF that I simply can´t convert. I can´t tell if these need to be imported differently or if they are simply no sound at all.

One thing I am trying to figure is where the menu music is actually stored. The only reason why I was able to upload the menumusic in my previous post was because I recorded it directly from game-> audacity (you can even hear me clicking a menubutton at the end lol).

I also know a lot of music in vanilla ATF that I simply cant find :/.
More to come ^^

sorry if I ask again, but can you upload them in audio format too? will save bandwidth and preserve quality...

btw, can anyone playing FA on windows 7 with MIDI music? what software do we need for it?