Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 07:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 08:54 am 

Well I figured I would post up some screenshots of the work I have been doing over the last couple of weekends...

Here they are...

I started rebuilding the EF2000 Typhoon because the shape had just to many bad issues... No detailed afterburner cans, areas in the shapes where you could see thru (particularily on the wings), all mirrored wing and fuselage panels, mirrored leading edges and flap skins, and a generally undetailed shape and a boring one at that...

So after reshaping the aircraft to fix all the holes in the design and getting rid of the cracks between the wings and fuselage I then reshaped the aft fuselage to allow me to build detailed burner cans... This led to a higher quality lower fuselage and wings and much more detailed missiles (AMRAAMs) on the fuselage...

I then fixed various (about 50 ) other small problems with polygon layouts, twisted polygons, etc...

From there I set about improving the entire skin on the shape, adding squadron details as well as other nice things like improved intakes to go with the 2 detailed afterburner cans. Added new under wing skins and details, added seperate underwing skins to the nose canards as well... Improved the landing gear and fixed the wheel offset errors...

Still more work remains to be completed...

And this is what I have so far...

Even though I am not yet fully finished, I decided to swith over to my F-16XL and do some detailing work on her as well and I reshapes the aft fuselage and added a detailed burner can, widened the afterburner plume to match, and ironed out some issues I missed the first time I worked on this bird a few years back and eliminated all skin mirroring on the polygons as well as enhanced the skin being placed there.

Here is what I have so far, but please bear in mind its a work in progress...

Not to bad... I tthink I did a decent job on the afterburner can. Not having on it was rally bugging me. Ir required the redesign of the entire fuselage shape to get it!

So from there I flew a dogfight with both aircraft against each other, guns only. Neither aircraft could get a lasting advantage due to Kap's Excellent Flight Models!

I hope you enjoyed the update! You would not believe what a true pain it was to do the EF2000 edits as I had to the the older version of Sick Puppies; shape color editor because it crashes the new one...

It was an exhausting exercise of the mind, because I could not color individiual polygons on the Typhoon and as such I had to hunt every polygon I wanted to edit by hand... I pretty much hated it!

The F-16XL on the other hand was very simple in comparison because I could use the updated shape color editor and mark all the polygons I wanted to edit so I didnt have to waste hours hunting them down...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Tue Mar 08, 2011 01:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 17:52 pm 

They both look amazing... but wasn't F-16XL canceled? :/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 00:00 am 

Hairysteed wrote:
They both look amazing... but wasn't F-16XL canceled? :/

Yep, but that never stopped me before! :mrgreen:

The bird is just to amazing to leave out of my library...

BTW I had to edit the original post, as I had really hacked up the english language on that one! It was way to late(or earily depending on your point of view) to be posting like this! :lol:

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...