Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 18:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airport Editing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 13:34 pm 

Does anyone remember how to change the nationality of an airport while creating a pro mission? Im trying to make a mission where the russians are gradually taking over a country. I used to know how to do this a long time ago and cant remember how!

Thanks,

John

Post subject: Re: Airport Editing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 02:17 am 

Sorry I didnt know you could change the nationality of an airbase during a mission...

Do you mean time related? Like have it change from blue to red after 20 minutes into the mission or some such?

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 am 

Good morning CAG. What I mean is when creating a pro mission, say in the Ukraine map. Say in one mission that Odesa is still in Ukranian control, and in the next mission i want Odesa to be under russian control, but only that airfield. I know how changing nationalities in the pro mission creator will obvisously change it, but there is a way... im thinking in the .M file to where you are able to adjust a specific airfields nationality. Do you know what im talking about now?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 15:48 pm 

Hi John,

I believe it is not possible to change airport nationalities between missions since the airports are part of the Map file, not of the mission file.

The typical solution to your problem is to copy the airbase, change the nationality as required and place the copy exactly on top of the original base. You can use 3D-view to verify that it is placed and oriented correctly. This way you can have friendly planes as well es enemy planes land at the base.

I'm not sure wether the map view in game will still show the enemy colour (sometimes). Moreover, you should make sure that there is no enemy AAA around that base by map default. This could be the case in the Vietnam map, maybe in some others, too.

Good luck with your campaign. Make sure to publish it here so we can all enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 18:47 pm 

As Tank notes, if air bases have air defense vehicles they can cause problems using the air base nationality replacement method he describes. One crude fix I have done is to position an enemy tank (or any ground attack capable vehicle) right next to it, and assign the air defense vehicle as the tank's target. As soon as the mission starts the air defense vehicle will be destroyed. This doesn't affect immersion too badly if you are not taking off from that base.... the only evidence is a destroyed vehicle shape which could be explained as a casualty of war or an abandoned derelict.

As far as I know there is no other way to change air base nationality or remove the air defense vehicles without editing the map files in the Toolkit.