Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 03:01 am 

Just finished the new M163 Vulcan VADS, or in this case the South Korean KIFV 20mm Vulcan VADS, in winter camo with a detailed skin and super detailed revolving turret and 20mm Vulcan cannon...

This little AAA vehicle was a real pain in the azz... Whoever built it didnt center the shape to the center of the turret in either axis so I had to reposition the entire shape before even beginning the re-skin... It was a real challenge to show a vehicle with a semi enclosed turret and a detailed 20mm Vulcan cannon! I think I captured the hydraulic gun aiming system and ammo feeding belts quite well. The multi barrel 20mm Vulcan is very good (IMHO)...

The shape has a missing polygon under the turret so when I separated the the turret to allow rotation you could see thru the vehicle when the it rotated. Fixed that by using an extra 4 sided polygon to fill the hole. Now its perfect! I have not yet added the antenna system but will do so tomorrow. Just wanted to throw up some screenshots from this deadly little vehicle... You setup 4 of these vehicles at the 4 points of the compass within 1.5 miles of each other and no aircraft will survive the cross fire... The turret rotation is awesome!

Down side... whoever made the original shape built the radar dish on the wrong side of the vehicle and I cant move it to the correct side. It causes to many shape and visibility issues so we are stuck with the radar as it is. Not to bad in the long run considering how much improved the vehicle is now.

Next I will build the M167 Towed version and an M163 with the gun horizontal (90 degrees) instead of 45 degrees, to use in ground combat scenarios...

Here are some screen shots...

The real thing...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 14:49 pm 

Will post some pics of the new detailed hull of the M163 as soon as I get my data restored to my new system. My old dev system died...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...