Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 16:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem with FA Campaign
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 06:54 am 

One of the campaigns from, I think, US Navy Fighters, the ones with briefing and debriefing videos? I can't get them to play. It tries for a few minutes, and then presents a dialog box which the mouse pointer dissappears inside of, saying that it's a fatal error, being unable to set video mode 1.

My system, is... *cough* Windows 8 on an HP laptop that cost somewhere around $330 at Walmart. (I'm poor, I paid for this baby with babysitting, my friends bought it for me with part of their tax return...)

276 GB hard drive
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics card
What appears to be 2(?) AMD E-300 processors...

If any of that helps.
(Also, I'm having to use mounted disk images right now, I do have a physical copy of Fighters Anthology, it's just been lost over the years, a few too many moves. My father is retired Navy, so we've moved a lot back when he was still active.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 00:10 am 

If I remember correctly, if you use the "No CD patch", it will skip the videos when playing the Ukraine campaign. That might work.

If you want to see the videos, you'll have to ask (or search harder) someone else. My knowledge stops with Windows ME (which I'm using now).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 23:24 pm 

I see. I was hoping to see the videos again. They added a nice touch of humanity to what was a somewhat sterile campaign. I'll get the patch and sit on it for a bit. Perhaps, with luck, someone else here will pop up and say something.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 21:05 pm 

Here's a link to a "patch" I made which skips the videos in the campaign, so the campaign can be played in modern OSes. I'm not sure of a way to get them to work in Windows 7. I haven't tried them in Windows 8:

http://farc.3synergy.net/misc/FA_Ukraine_Fix_New.zip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 03:51 am 

Ah, thank you sir!

I'm not entirely sure why it does this with the Ukraine campaign... The video opener for the Vietnam campaign works, and the intro video of the game works too. Shame there aren't any programmers here that could look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 22:22 pm 

Zephyr wrote:
Here's a link to a "patch" I made which skips the videos in the campaign, so the campaign can be played in modern OSes. I'm not sure of a way to get them to work in Windows 7. I haven't tried them in Windows 8:

Is there any way you can repost this? The link is dead. I thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 21:42 pm 

homeboy1982 wrote:
Zephyr wrote:

Is there any way you can repost this? The link is dead. I thank you in advance!

There is a problem with the navigation to "farc.3synergy.net", however, http://fightersanthology.net/misc/FA_Uk ... ix_New.zip works.

Zephyr