Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 17:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 19:08 pm 

I have a problem, I have applied the 1.02F patch and the no cd patch, the game starts fine but when I select a campaign, after choosing to start the Vietnam campaign or any mission at all the game crashes, How can I solve this dilemma?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 21:27 pm 

Have you asked your science officer yet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 23:37 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
Have you asked your science officer yet?

:lol: Very Funny. . .

Seriously, when I use the reference disc, the pages work fine, but when I choose the option for 3d view it crashes, I have reinstalled the game 4 times, used all the compatibility settings and it still crashes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 14:28 pm 

What OS are you using? Maybe your CD is scratched? I've noticed some compatibilty modes seem to work ok then crash. I have mine off. Afew of my friends on vista and win7 have best results running in XP32 compatibility mod vs 95,98,me, etc.. try it in win xp32. Check disk for scratches, might be corupted install of one of the stock libs. If you are in win vista or 7 you need to dissable explorer or download the FA Windows7 Start bach file/exe (all it does is disables explorer then launches fa though) you can do that yourself with task manager. One of our players is using "virtual machine" to use the toolkit and play fa, i think hes using XP mode. Might be worth a try?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 13:44 pm 

JG52_Meitag wrote:
What OS are you using? Maybe your CD is scratched? I've noticed some compatibilty modes seem to work ok then crash. I have mine off. Afew of my friends on vista and win7 have best results running in XP32 compatibility mod vs 95,98,me, etc.. try it in win xp32. Check disk for scratches, might be corupted install of one of the stock libs. If you are in win vista or 7 you need to dissable explorer or download the FA Windows7 Start bach file/exe (all it does is disables explorer then launches fa though) you can do that yourself with task manager. One of our players is using "virtual machine" to use the toolkit and play fa, i think hes using XP mode. Might be worth a try?

Already have tried all of that, The game worked a few weeks ago, now it does not. I tried making an ISO of the discs, still not working.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 18:44 pm 

Ok the virtual machine works but I can't use XP mode, only win 98. but there is very bad lag, I fixed it to an extent but I think if its possible for the vm to use my graphics card it would solve the problem.