Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 05:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 15:14 pm 

With all my experience with building functional tanks with working turrets and guns, I have been thinking about building a new, very detailed, Iowa class battleship with independently fully functional turrets that will engage individual targets... It wont be a one piece vehicle though as it will require the placement of individual "vehicle" turrets sitting on the hull that will turn and engage target independently... Will also have independent Phalanx CIWS turrets that turn and engage aircraft as well...

Any feedback on this will be helpful... This ship will only appear in my FAF campaigns and custom missions since it will require manual placement of the turrets into the ship on the mission files... But it will look about a million times better than the stock Iowa and be fully functional

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 17:21 pm 

Nice idea CAG.
I think, it's something like the locations of aircrafts on an aircraft carrier, it will just be for example redesigned and immobilized tanks or missile launchers.

Unfortunately, all ships (including aircraft carriers with their deck equipment) are great weakness of FA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 21:57 pm 

plurry wrote:
Nice idea CAG.
I think, it's something like the locations of aircrafts on an aircraft carrier, it will just be for example redesigned and immobilized tanks or missile launchers.

Unfortunately, all ships (including aircraft carriers with their deck equipment) are great weakness of FA.

Will probably use a carrier as the basis of the hull of the iowa so it will indeed support the turrets and allow the ship to sail in any direction and still employ turrets on multiple targets thus overcoming the weakness of the new turreted ground vehicles that have their hulls locked in a northern direction which require me to change their shape to represent a southern facing tank hull for North Korean, Chinese, and Russians tanks invading the south...

Might I ask why you consider the carriers in FA to be a weakness?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 16:06 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Might I ask why you consider the carriers in FA to be a weakness?

The graphics of aircraft carriers is gradualy improved together with the overall development of the game graphics, from very simple Eisenhower through advanced Wasp to detailed Kitty Hawk.

I thought a kind of "revival" of an aircraft carrier.

Firstly:
Carrier does not respond to any approaching danger from the air. Does not fire any missiles, does not fire from any of onboard weapons.

Secondly:
Carrier deck (as well as other airports scenery) acts like a dead ghost town.
I miss there any moving parts such as rotating radar antenna or raised and lowered jet blast deflectors during takeoff, parked aircraft with folded wings, deck cranes and some personal (although only static).
The only sign of life is Cat Officer and emergency helicopter in ukrainian missions.

Once upon a time I tried (following the example of your Airbase-Templates for FAF Korea 2003) placed the parked scenery aircrafts on the deck - it was nearly clockwork. I tried to modify the scenery aircraft with folded wings in the shape editor.
Unfortunately, I never had enough free time and shape editing is not my strong point.

...but this is just only a vision. Maybe I am too influenced by new eye candy simulators like Lock On.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 14:06 pm 

All of that has been addressed in FAF Korea. If I could just get the work finished it would hopefully be enjoyed by users...

Just so many changes to make and so few helpers (these days) really makes the going slow.

My new US carriers are bigger, have a bow and a waist cat, have deck crews that are functional, parked aircraft with folded wings, rotating radar antennas, active missiles as well as fully functional, highly detailed, and rotating CIWS Phallanx Cannons plus a working ball (carrier landing light system) and night landing lights. All with highly detailed skins...

In addition I also have a new Kuznetsov with ski deck and accurate shape and skin and also rotating radar antenna and active weapons... As well as the Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning... With accurate and detailed aircraft included for all...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 13:27 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
All of that has been addressed in FAF Korea. If I could just get the work finished it would hopefully be enjoyed by users...
I hope you finish it. It would be a great shame give it up, after more than ten years of hard work.

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Just so many changes to make and so few helpers (these days) really makes the going slow.
Yes, I understand. It's too much work for one person only.

CAG Hotshot wrote:
My new US carriers are bigger, have a bow and a waist cat, have deck crews that are functional, parked aircraft with folded wings,
rotating radar antennas, active missiles as well as fully functional, highly detailed, and rotating CIWS Phallanx Cannons plus a
working ball (carrier landing light system) and night landing lights. All with highly detailed skins...
In addition I also have a new Kuznetsov with ski deck and accurate shape and skin and also rotating radar antenna and active weapons...
As well as the Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning... With accurate and detailed aircraft included for all...
It looks fantastic.