Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 03:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 21:28 pm 

Hello everyone,

I am having problems running Jane's Fighter Anthology in my Dell Latitude E6530 and it is running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I am using an external monitor via HDMI (I am buying DVI cable to connect my laptop to external monitor instead of HDMI for different reasons).

Whenever I run Jane's FA, it kept freezing / locking up after flying for few seconds. I am running it with compatibility of Windows XP Service Pack 3. Whenever I run it with Windows 95 and 98 for compatibility, the mouse cursor was spluttering (lagging) a little when I move them around. When it is used with Windows XP SP3, the mouse cursor was smooth. However, as stated, when running Jane's FA with Windows XP SP3, it kept freezing / locking up after few seconds of flying.

Because of that, I had to force myself exiting out of Jane's FA by CTRL + ALT + DEL and switch to Task manager and force shut down Jane's FA.

This is what I did when installing Jane's FA:

1) Run .setup from CD1
2) Run 1.02F patch to patch FA.exe
3) Installed nocd for FA.exe (Since I don't have CD anymore, I only have the files itself. I found it from my back up files in USB long time ago when backing up everything, including my old Jane's FA files. I even copied files from Jane's FA CD 1 and 2 because I thought it might come in handy someday, which it did. When I moved to other place, I could not find original Jane's FA anymore. I plan to buy them again later.

4) Run Jane's FA with compatibly of Windows XP Service Pack 3 as described above as an admin.

And the problems of Jane's FA freezing still is going on. So I am wondering if anyone here have experienced same problems and solved it?

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 23:29 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2139&p=19643#p19643

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...