Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 14:55 pm 

Can attest I have no problems running FA on WIN10 here LIBs & all.
Just need a Virtual Machine for FATK running XP.
I use VMWare.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 18:33 pm 

All my FAF Libs run fine on Win10 as well on my laptop I use for Win10 testing. No issues. Have not done multiplayer testing yet but that will start in a week or two with DukeB-120th.

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 22:06 pm 

January 11, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.0 has received a slight update. Thanks to CAG Hotshot, the P-3 Orion has now received its proper shape and texture. Through his great shape modification skills, he was able to remove the attrocious top and bottom sensor radomes that were on the default P-3.

- Also, most of the old single missions have been either updated or removed/retired, as well as the addition of a new single mission based on the Kuril 2018 Hot Tracks mission.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 06:54 am 

usnraptor wrote:
January 11, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.0 has received a slight update. Thanks to CAG Hotshot, the P-3 Orion has now received its proper shape and texture. Through his great shape modification skills, he was able to remove the attrocious top and bottom sensor radomes that were on the default P-3.

- Also, most of the old single missions have been either updated or removed/retired, as well as the addition of a new single mission based on the Kuril 2018 Hot Tracks mission.

Psst... I improved it one last time and fixed the MAD Boom. See my post! I will complete the crash shapes and shadow this week.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 00:02 am 

My search for the P-3 flight manual landed me on a new website with free flight manuals.

[link no longer valid]

The link can also be found on my website as well.

Last edited by usnraptor on Tue Dec 07, 2021 00:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 08:32 am 

usnraptor wrote:
My search for the P-3 flight manual landed me on a new website with free flight manuals.

http://www.aviation-collector.be/flight_manuals.html

That's awesome!

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 18:40 pm 

usnraptor wrote:

http://www.aviation-collector.be/flight_manuals.html

Sweet Lord of Rammstein!!!

epic!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 14:04 pm 

Update: May 9, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.1 is now available (located only in FA google drive). New aircraft include the C-141, F-4E with Jungle Camo, and the MiG-19. The C-141 shape comes from CAG's IL-76 shape with radar dome removed. The texture for the C-141 was added by usnraptor. Thanks to CAG Hotshot the B-52D has a black paint job for its belly.

- The Yak-141 once again has a graphic for its afterburner. The afterburner was featured in the US Navy Fighters series but not in the ATF series. The ATF version was transferred to Fighters Anthology. That oversight has now been corrected. Unfortunately, the F-35 still does not show an afterburner.

- A new inclusion to the playset is the Flight Demonstration Teams add-on. Named Flt_Demo.zip, these files are not needed for normal Playset function. It includes aircraft from the USN Blue Angels and USAF Thunderbirds (both past and present), as well as the RAF Red Arrows. There is a smokepod (though it is "buggy") and an airshow mission. I did not create the original shapes or textures, but did add the damage textures. The .zip file includes both the FA_7.LIB and the Individual Files. Follow the same instructions as with the regular Playset; either install the .lib OR the individual files, but not both.

- Other changes: The AGM-78 and AGM-88 have received much improved performance. The MK-82 28-pack can now be dropped by AI (and human) pilots from up to 32,000 feet and in any time & weather. One new hangar has been created and another was discovered in the "back files" of Fighters Anthology. The Vietnam map received a slight adjustment, notably losing the airport at Nam Dinh.

- The Linebacker Campaign (LB72.zip) is now available in recognition of the 49th anniversary of the Linebacker operations in North Vietnam. It is a 25 mission historically-based campaign that covers US Air Force operations from May 9, 1972 until February 12, 1973. Players will fly missions in the A-7, B-52, F-4, F-105G, F-111, and a very special plane at the end.

- The Aegean Campaign has been updated to Playset v 3.1. Along with it is a slight update to the Greek map and additional weapons to select from.

- Note: some campaigns have not been updated in a long time. If you play a campaign that seems to have many defects, please contact me at [e-mail address]. This project is huge, and your help identifying defects is appreciated.

- In the Active Duty section of the links section, the usnraptor FA Google Drive has been added. This drive will store files in a similar fashion as the usnraptor FTP folder, minus the ftp part. If you have trouble finding or retrieving files from the FTP, then you should look for those files in the FA Google Drive. Currently, the large files (greater that 4 MB) are located only in the FA Google Drive. For some reason, Frontier is not allowing me to upload large files to my http & ftp anymore. The likely reason is because Frontier Sucks !!! If this page ever goes offline, be sure to continue to check the FA Google Drive for updates.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 22:46 pm 

Update: June 12, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.2 is now available (located only in FA google drive). A change has been made to the .Lib file system. For those using the .Lib files, FA_6.Lib has been split into FA_6A.Lib and FA_6B.Lib. When you upgrade, be sure to delete FA_6.Lib.

- Upgrades have been made to several aircraft: J-7E, JH-7 (New Texture), J-8 (J82M), MiG-29, Su-15, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Su-33, Su-35, Tu-26, and Tu-160. The Tu-160 in real life has two bomb bays. However, due to limitations of the game, I had to split the two bomb bays into four. For realism, do not use more than two types of weapons at a time. Each type of weapon should occupy two bomb bays.

- Upgrades have been made to several weapons: AS-10 (New), AS-16 (from Kapset 3), FAB-250, -500, -1000, PL-7,PL-10. A new Electro-Optical Viewing System (M61P.JT) is now installed in gun-less bombers. The AS-16 now has a significant range to it.

- New aircraft include the IL-76 Candid (No Radar); graphics thanks to CAG Hotshot.

- Both Vladivostok 2004 campaigns have been updated (and improved) to Playset v 3.2 standards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 00:39 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Update: June 12, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.2 is now available (located only in FA google drive). A change has been made to the .Lib file system. For those using the .Lib files, FA_6.Lib has been split into FA_6A.Lib and FA_6B.Lib. When you upgrade, be sure to delete FA_6.Lib.

- Upgrades have been made to several aircraft: J-7E, JH-7 (New Texture), J-8 (J82M), MiG-29, Su-15, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Su-33, Su-35, Tu-26, and Tu-160. The Tu-160 in real life has two bomb bays. However, due to limitations of the game, I had to split the two bomb bays into four. For realism, do not use more than two types of weapons at a time. Each type of weapon should occupy two bomb bays.

- Upgrades have been made to several weapons: AS-10 (New), AS-16 (from Kapset 3), FAB-250, -500, -1000, PL-7,PL-10. A new Electro-Optical Viewing System (M61P.JT) is now installed in gun-less bombers. The AS-16 now has a significant range to it.

- New aircraft include the IL-76 Candid (No Radar); graphics thanks to CAG Hotshot.

- Both Vladivostok 2004 campaigns have been updated (and improved) to Playset v 3.2 standards.

Don't you just hate the hardpoint weight limits in FA?
It's a royal pain!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 01:15 am 

Absolutely. I don't know if it has already been figured out and listed (I'm sure somewhere), but I'll restate the limit.

The weight for hardpoints is in hundreds of pounds. The limit is 25,600 lbs. In the .PT file, this number is 256. Above 256, the hardpoint weights are no longer correct.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:15 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Absolutely. I don't know if it has already been figured out and listed (I'm sure somewhere), but I'll restate the limit.

The weight for hardpoints is in hundreds of pounds. The limit is 25,600 lbs. In the .PT file, this number is 256. Above 256, the hardpoint weights are no longer correct.

Always thought it was just 25000# but that extra 600# makes sense for 256.
Royal pain.

Only time it's ever worked nicely is the B-1B since it has 75000# across 3 bays.
Every other time it's just not enough.

B-52H with CALCM you basically just have to give it no limit.
So annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 17:05 pm 

I mapped out the .JT file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12QnKjZ2lBSAjKS5h1KkEm1bO_5cScN3u/view?usp=sharing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 09:14 am 

FIN-A-LY!!!!

I feel like we had this eons ago along with the PT file but I couldn't find it.
Praise be!

Also based on some other posts about proximity fuses:

word 100
byte 0 <--- Hit Modifiers, TAA > 60 Deg Fuse Fail: %
byte 21 <--- Explosion Types, Land
byte 34 <--- Explosion Types, Water

Word 100 = the proximity fuse distance in feet (requires both early & late impact check clicked)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 21:17 pm 

October 7, 2021

- USNRaptor Playset v 3.3 is now available (located in FA google drive). Remember, a change had been made last update to the .Lib file system (refer to June 12, 2021 update).

- Thanks to CAG Hotshot and months of dedicated, hard work using his magical shape & texture wizardry, Fighters Anthology now has a properly shaped MiG-19 Farmer. The texture being released now is an early, preliminary version. The final texture, along with its appropriate crash shapes, are currently being developed.

- The UH-1 'Huey' has finally arrived. It incorporates the UH-1 shape by CAG Hotshot and a texture blend of CAG Hotshot, USNRaptor, and default UH-60 graphics.

- The 1950s Russian IL-28 Beagle has been added. If it looks vaguely familiar, I used the E-2 shape / texture from USNF'97.

- The A-10 Thunderbolt II has received a major overhaul of its flight envelope and chaff / flare dispenser.

- The A-6 Intruders have received a performance upgrade. After recently reviewing the A-6 flight manual, the Intruders are now limited to 5g instead of 4g.

- The A-7A (A7V.PT) now has a new, classic look similar to the F-8 and A-6A.

- MiG-29 Fulcrum-C (Snow) is now MiG-29 Fulcrum-A with a gray camo top and a blue bottom. All MiG-29s now have the same "top-of-fuselage" engine intake graphic.

- Several aircraft have received changes in their chaff / flare numbers. As more (credible) information becomes available, more updates will be made.

- A Green camoflaged M-113 from USNF '97 has been added. A few other tanks have received custom green camo textures.

- A new map: the Open Ocean map. It is nothing but ocean. Top Gun and Scrambler missions have been converted to use the new map.

- For modders, the Layout of JT file.txt is now available. Basically, the .JT file has been mapped out.

- Finally, the link for CAG Hotshot's VNFA Wing Forum has been added to the Active Duty links list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next