Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 18:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 21:27 pm 

- USNRaptor Playset v 2.8 is now available. The main change is the modified helicopters have had their fuel quantities doubled, with their maximum take off weight increased to reflect the additional fuel. This was done to compensate for the limit on adjusting the games fuel consumption number to an amount between 0 and 1. The amount of forward main rotor blade tilt has been increased to allow faster forward speed while in player flight mode.

- The F-16s have been adjusted so TER and MER can be carried on the inboard pylon. A two-seat F-16D has been added. The F-15Es fuselage hardpoint has been adjusted to better reflect the limits of weapons carriage. The KFIR has been updated to reflect a more appropriate weapons load. F/A-18A,-C,-D have received minor adjustments that shouldn't affect the campaigns.

- Some of the weapons have received minor changes; most notably weights. The air-air destructive power is still under evaluation. Feel free to e-mail me your opinions on the matter (e-mail at bottom of webpage).

- Campaign v2.8.zip has a much needed update to the Israel Campaign 2001. The main change in the campaign in the removal of the Super Hornet, and the inclusion of the Tomcat and Greyhound. That's right, the player will fly a very boring first mission on the C-2A Greyhound. Weapons choices and recommeded aircraft have changed to reflect changes in the game over the past 20 years.

- Several of the single missions and text from my more immature days has had offensive and 'salty' language removed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 07:53 am 

What does your C-2 Greyhound look like?

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 pm 

It's the E-2 with the radar and landing gear missing.

I'm not sure where I got it from. A preview pic can be found in my pics_sh.zip

Update: it came from Kapset 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 21:26 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
It's the E-2 with the radar and landing gear missing.

I'm not sure where I got it from. A preview pic can be found in my pics_sh.zip

Update: it came from Kapset 3

Yes Kap's is a good one (IIRC gave it to him so I am a little bias here... :lol: )! The default FA E-2 has the C-2's body shape and not the E-2s so it fits well.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 19:29 pm 

Update: December 23, 2020

- You wanted it; now you've got it. LIB files are now in USNRaptor Playset v 3.0 . The previous individual playset files are now in .LIB files; specifically FA_5.LIB and FA_6.LIB. This was done to make upgrading playsets easier on the user.

- The Campaigns.ZIP is now located inside the Playset Zip. Campaign and single missions remain as individual files, as well as optional music files.

- The F-111 has lost a couple hardpoints. Originally, the real F-111 had four hardpoints under each wing. However, when the outer hardpoints were used, the wings had to remain forward swept limiting its airspeed to under 300 knots. In order to fly faster, not only did the weapons need to be jettisoned, so did the pylons. The flight manuals do not authorize weapons to be carried on those hardpoints. Therefore, sadly, I removed those hardpoints. I did add Sidewinder hardpoints which were authorized, but rarely used. The gun pod still remains loadable in the bomb bay.

- The Air to Air missiles have received a damage increase by ten percent.

- Some precision guided bombs have had their weights increased to match real life. Several aircraft have received a weight carrying increase of their hardpoints to correspond with this change.

- The water tower file has had a name change from WTRTWR.OT to XTWR1.OT. This matches its' shape file name.

- Baltic 1976, Baltic 2009, and Kuril Islands 2018 campaigns have been updated to v 3.0. These campaigns were updated to correspond to the updates of aircraft and weapons for the past few months.

- The Iron Eagle mission has been slightly updated. The player no longer gets to choose weapons, and is now flying a two-seat F-16. The Final Countdown II and the Columbian Drug Cartel single missions have been deleted.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 01:11 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Update: December 23, 2020

- You wanted it; now you've got it. LIB files are now in USNRaptor Playset v 3.0 . The previous individual playset files are now in .LIB files; specifically FA_5.LIB and FA_6.LIB. This was done to make upgrading playsets easier on the user.

- The Campaigns.ZIP is now located inside the Playset Zip. Campaign and single missions remain as individual files, as well as optional music files.

- The F-111 has lost a couple hardpoints. Originally, the real F-111 had four hardpoints under each wing. However, when the outer hardpoints were used, the wings had to remain forward swept limiting its airspeed to under 300 knots. In order to fly faster, not only did the weapons need to be jettisoned, so did the pylons. The flight manuals do not authorize weapons to be carried on those hardpoints. Therefore, sadly, I removed those hardpoints. I did add Sidewinder hardpoints which were authorized, but rarely used. The gun pod still remains loadable in the bomb bay.

- The Air to Air missiles have received a damage increase by ten percent.

- Some precision guided bombs have had their weights increased to match real life. Several aircraft have received a weight carrying increase of their hardpoints to correspond with this change.

- The water tower file has had a name change from WTRTWR.OT to XTWR1.OT. This matches its' shape file name.

- Baltic 1976, Baltic 2009, and Kuril Islands 2018 campaigns have been updated to v 3.0. These campaigns were updated to correspond to the updates of aircraft and weapons for the past few months.

- The Iron Eagle mission has been slightly updated. The player no longer gets to choose weapons, and is now flying a two-seat F-16. The Final Countdown II and the Columbian Drug Cartel single missions have been deleted.

Nice work...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 01:35 am 

Thanks.

The conversion took me a couple tries, each attempt being about 2 hours long both copy/pasting and typing text into the Item.DAT files. But, it definitely needed done. Having my copy up to date using the files-only system was no problem. However, updating my son's version properly required uninstalling and reinstalling FA each time. I realized then that this is probably a huge pain for others too; especially with me popping out updates and corrections often.

Hopefully, I didn't leave anything out of the Libs.

Last edited by usnraptor on Thu Dec 24, 2020 01:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 01:38 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Thanks.

The conversion took me a couple tries, each attempt being about 2 hours long both copy/pasting and typing text into the Item.DAT files.

Hopefully, I didn't leave anything out.

If it ends up that you did I am sure you will correct it asap... :)

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 01:56 am 

Reports are coming in the new playset Libs are not playing nice with newer computer systems, as in newer than my Win Me, Pentium 3.

Any guesses?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 03:34 am 

I had to build an updated version for XP... You may have to make the libs smaller and add duplicate image files to them. Kaptor had the same issue and somehow the AMRAAM missile file fixed his issues.

What are the issues?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 15:19 pm 

Here is what one of the fans posted. He has this problem using the Libs, but when he used the individual files (version 3.0 for both), the game works fine.

In other news, thanks to CAG Hotshot for giving me his IL-76 shape without the radar dish, I was able to make the C-141 marked with Hanoi Taxi's tail number. I haven't made it officially public yet, but the pics/shapes can be found in the http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/Fighters%20Anthology/Aircraft/pics_sh.ZIP I posted today.

Last edited by usnraptor on Tue Dec 07, 2021 00:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 15:27 pm 

Oh that's awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 01:19 am 

She is a beauty.... :mrgreen:

FYI that error is nearly the same one I get in FA while running XP when I have to many files or to many libs in the game, or an unstable item/lib.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 03:06 am 

Thanks for the compliments on the plane.

Question: does the fact the Libs were built on a 32-bit system have to do with it malfunctioning on a 64-bit system?

Question 2: do these new Windows systems only allow a Win 95 emulator for all the Win 9x systems or can the user chose to run FA under a Win ME emulator (or whatever it is called) ?

I'll read up a bit on this in the forum archives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 07:16 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Thanks for the compliments on the plane.

Question: does the fact the Libs were built on a 32-bit system have to do with it malfunctioning on a 64-bit system?

Question 2: do these new Windows systems only allow a Win 95 emulator for all the Win 9x systems or can the user chose to run FA under a Win ME emulator (or whatever it is called) ?

I'll read up a bit on this in the forum archives.

1) No... Fighters Anthology is a Win95 program. And Win10 can run any Win95 program. Original FA runs fine on Win10 as a 32 bit game.

2) Have no idea. Never have seen anything run on Win ME. It was a quickly ended operating system due to all its inherit errors.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next