Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 16:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 23:08 pm 

Updated: March 15, 2019

- Added new/changed JDAM weapons and icons to folders, but not to playset. Military Designations link added.

GBU162.JT was changed to GBU16T.JT. Added GBU-30(38), -30T, -31, -32, -32T

GBU39.JT has a different shape now. It uses MK81.SH
The other JDAMs use their dumb bomb shapes.

The new weapons icons are a blend on default, mine, and Zephyr's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 23:04 pm 

Updated: April 3, 2019

- Added the USNF'97 SU-37 to the aircraft/retired folder. It is not implemented in the playset. The links list has been modified. Keep an eye on updates as work continues on the F-35s and JDAMs. Due to restrictions of the game, the F-35s will not have built-in laser designators (hence, the creation of JDAMS).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:57 pm 

May 1, 2019

- USNRaptor Playset v 1.7 is now available.
[link no longer valid]
The playset includes several updates made to various items, icons, and missions over the last few months and now has the English Electric (BAC) Lightning. Also, for those who have not noticed yet, Airwolf has been available since this website began.

New to playset:
- British Lightning
- Icons for the Comanche and Airwolf helicopters
- JDAMS

Last edited by usnraptor on Tue Dec 07, 2021 00:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 20:45 pm 

Updated: August 10, 2019

- USNRaptor Playset v 1.8 is now available. The playset includes a few updates and bug fixes. Added two new Retired links; Centurian's Forsaken Outlaw and Strat's F/A World. Centurian's Collection of Tips & Tricks can be found in the Misc folder. The new FYI features has been added to the website. This feature will randomly list different notes of interest about the game and/or contents of the USNRaptor FTP Folder.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 13:40 pm 

Updated: December 4, 2019

- USNRaptor Playset v 2.0 is now available. As usual, there have been some updates & additions to various aircraft, weapons, scenery, icons, etc... However, the biggest change is the removal of the campaigns and missions. These will now be available in a separate file called Campaigns.zip .

The reason for this change is because Fighters Anthology has a total file limit. With everything added, the limit is exceeded which causes the game to crash. Therefore, I recommend players upload the Playset files first, then add maybe two or three campaigns at a time. When done playing those campaigns, just delete those specific files and upload other campaigns. In the future, I may list the other option.

The latest campaign is now complete. It is the Baltic Campaign 1976 . Players will now fly the Buccaneer, Draken, F-4G, F-15A, F-104G, F-111, Harrier GR.3, Jaguar, and the Viggen against Soviet MiG-21s, -23s, -25s, -27s, SU-7s, and the new SU-15 Flagon.

Finally, saving the best for last. Thanks to CAG Hotshot , Fighters Anthology now has its first biplane in the form of the AN-2 Colt. He created a superb looking aircraft for all to enjoy. As those who have played the Yankee Station 1964 campaign know, the final mission involves shooting down an AN-2 Colt (based on a real mission).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:28 pm 

^^^^^^^
Update: I fixed the MiG-27, changed the F-4E a little, and updated the playset zip file this morning (Dec 6th) It should all be good to go now. Let me know what you think of the Baltic Campaign 1976.

Also, when doing a fresh install of Fighters Anthology, before installing, change the year to 1998 in your computer's clock setting. Once FA is installed, including the patch, change the year back to current year. This helps with the "Timestamp" issues. (At least it does on Win ME).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am 

Keep an eye out for new missions popping up in the new Rolling Thunder campaign folder. I have Operation Bolo in there now.

http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/Fighters%20Anthology/Campaigns/RT65.ZIP/

Last edited by usnraptor on Tue Dec 07, 2021 00:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:48 am 

Update March 3, 2020

- Rolling Thunder is here. To commemorate the 55th anniversary of the beginning of the Rolling Thunder campaign in North Vietnam, I have created a new 40 mission campaign. The player will experience a variety of historically inspired missions flying the A-1E Skyraider, B-52D Stratofortress, F-4C/D Phantom IIs, F-100D/F Super Sabres, F-104 Starfighter, F-105D/F Thunderchiefs, and the RF-101 Voodoo. It can be found in Campaigns.zip . You will need the latest USNRaptor Playset v2.1 to play the campaign.

- USNRaptor Playset v 2.1 is now available. As usual, there have been some updates & additions to various aircraft, weapons, scenery, icons, etc...as well as a new North Vietnam map.

-The biggest change to the playset, however, is an overhaul of aircraft guns (excluding some bombers and the AC-130). I did some research and created a system to get the guns to have some form of conformity to each other, and hopefully perform closer to real life. The player will notice much higher rates of fire for some guns, and more/less lethality than before. The chart I created can be found in the Weapons - My Icons folder in the FTP.

- If any errors/troubles are found with the playset in relation to the function/gameplay of other missions/campaigns, please contact me at the e-mail address at the bottom of this page. Thank You.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:30 am 

Minor update (March 11) - since this latest release, a few minor adjustments have been made, and the Taiwan campaign has been refreshed to work properly with playset v 2.1. Both the campaign.zip and playset are updated since March 3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 17:14 pm 

Hey Guys,

I got a burr up my ass and decided to add preview pictures to almost all of the items in Cent's Shapes and Skins Repository

It is in one of my alternative locations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpDql3AOdoCyUkfRHetO2NwHPv3yEeIt/view?usp=sharing

Stay safe brothers !

Last edited by usnraptor on Tue Dec 07, 2021 00:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 22:21 pm 

You've been busy!

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 01:13 am 

That little project (Cents SSR) took roughly 13 hours.

Today, I just started converting Kuril campaign from 1997 to 2018. It's going to use F-35Bs instead of AV-8Bs; will use JDAMs.

The hard part is making the missions challenging.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 09:18 am 

I'm glad to see the SSR is still being useful how many years later?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 20:42 pm 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
I'm glad to see the SSR is still being useful how many years later?

To Many!!

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 16:05 pm 

Update: April 14,2020

- Kuril Island 2018 campaign is here. This is a 35 mission campaign highly influenced by the original 1997 Kuril Islands campaign. Some missions received some minor changes, while others were completely redone while still in the 'spirit' of the originals. The majority of the missions were designed to be flown using the USMC F-35B .

- Likewise, USNRaptor Playset v 2.2 is now available. Changes include a new V-22, FSX has become the Japanese F-2, a minor fix to the F-16s, the British Lightning has a different paint job, and the Mi-24 Hind will now attack fighters. Somewhere during the progress of game development from USNF to Fighters Anthology, the Mi-24 went from attacking fighters to running from them. That is now fixed.

----------------------
BTW, does anyone have a blueish painted F-16 or FSX for the Japanese F-2?

FYI, the Kuril map has a secret island near the upper left corner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next