Zephyr Net


Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 04:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 22:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 21:33 pm
Posts: 237
Location: Guthrie,OK
usnraptor

Can't wait to take them up and fly them!

You are right some these mission you fly forever before you engage in combat!!

Did you check out Hamm's missions for tanking?

Best Regards,
Pappy

_________________
Tally Ho Pappy's In!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 23:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 18:24 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Indiana
I remember looking for Hamms stuff; I believe I had found it but my memory is failing me. I do remember it being mentioned somewhere that someone put the KC-135 in a racetrack pattern above an airport, and the game counted that. If I build an AF - Vietnam campaign, I'll probably do that.

Sorry to say though that the current campaign being built has a lot of "travel time". However, the missions are autopilot x8 friendly.

The missions are being saved in this folder and can be flown now:
ftp://ftp.frontier.com/pub/users/usnrap ... 20Station/

However, your equipment (i.e. planes, SAMs, etc..) may not work properly with the missions (doesn't hurt to try though). Also, the files in that folder are being constantly updated, especially TVIET.MM . When completed, a total package of the campaign will be put together into a zip file. For now, consider them in Beta phase.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 05:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
What do you mean by "home base"? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the KC-135 tanker? Sorry I am a bit lost here...

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 13:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 18:24 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Indiana
At the end of a campaign mission, you need to fly back to base in order to keep your aircraft. For Vietnam missions, the F-105 can't fly back to Thailand, so instead the KC-135 is designated as being back to base.

Can I still have that AN-2, please?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 22:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 19:11 pm
Posts: 1790
Location: New York, USA
I think I am most certainly going to incorporate the Super Hornet shape into the GRX LIB. (Yes it's in the works but don't look for it anytime soon).

_________________
Image
Centurian
Visit my Website


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 01:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
usnraptor wrote:
At the end of a campaign mission, you need to fly back to base in order to keep your aircraft. For Vietnam missions, the F-105 can't fly back to Thailand, so instead the KC-135 is designated as being back to base.

Can I still have that AN-2, please?

I have run into a slight issue with my migrated toolkit... It wont boot without a specific DLL file that I have to hunt down and install... I will try to send you the lib later tonight or if I cant get the TK to run I will just send you the PT file, shape file, and texture file and let you compile it into a lib...

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 01:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 18:24 pm
Posts: 171
Location: Indiana
I actually prefer the PT file, shape file, and texture file. I never use lib files, only individual files. A zip file with all three in it will work too.

Thx.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 04:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
Ok I will email them to you...

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 05:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
Well I haven't worked on this shape since 2005... And it has a bit of a problem with visibility when run in anything but Win 98... So I need to work on it. Would it be a problem to wit a day? Right now I cant edit the skin without wiping out the transparency because my photoshop program is on my old dead system and this one only has mspaint... Will it be a problem for you to wait until tomorrow? I have to hit the sack its 3:30AM here...

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 06:32 am
Posts: 35
Pappy wrote:
hawke

Will your plane shape libs work with other libs installed in FA?

Does the F14 lib include a Black Bunny F14 and an IIAF F14 skin?

The F14 and 18 shapes are really good!

Best Regards,
Pappy

Yes, three Tomcats are included..^^


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 19:11 pm
Posts: 1790
Location: New York, USA
CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:
At the end of a campaign mission, you need to fly back to base in order to keep your aircraft. For Vietnam missions, the F-105 can't fly back to Thailand, so instead the KC-135 is designated as being back to base.

Can I still have that AN-2, please?

I have run into a slight issue with my migrated toolkit... It wont boot without a specific DLL file that I have to hunt down and install... I will try to send you the lib later tonight or if I cant get the TK to run I will just send you the PT file, shape file, and texture file and let you compile it into a lib...


Is it a TK DLL that I can get to you?

_________________
Image
Centurian
Visit my Website


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 06:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
Centurian57_369th wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:
At the end of a campaign mission, you need to fly back to base in order to keep your aircraft. For Vietnam missions, the F-105 can't fly back to Thailand, so instead the KC-135 is designated as being back to base.

Can I still have that AN-2, please?

I have run into a slight issue with my migrated toolkit... It wont boot without a specific DLL file that I have to hunt down and install... I will try to send you the lib later tonight or if I cant get the TK to run I will just send you the PT file, shape file, and texture file and let you compile it into a lib...


Is it a TK DLL that I can get to you?


Thanks but I ended up having to do a fresh install... I sent you a PM.. Look for those files tomorrow...

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 19:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 21:33 pm
Posts: 237
Location: Guthrie,OK
hawke


Thanks for your work and reply. :)

Best Regards,
PAPPY

_________________
Tally Ho Pappy's In!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 02:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
Found this image from a few pages back in time to 2004 on the FAF Shape and Skin subforums
on the VNFAWING.com Forums...



Image
Image

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 02:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 18:54 pm
Posts: 3823
Hawke...

I really like the work you did on your F-15 by lengthening the nose... I didnt move mine that far forward and I realized why when I flew yours on my large flatscreen display... since FA wont run in a window you cant preserve its 1024x768 window and it stretches horizontally to fit the screen, making correct length shapes look to long. I didnt realize this was happening when I built my Eagles... But it made me stop and think...

Should we be making shapes to fit the old style display screens or adapt our shapes to fit the stretched screen? Or is there a way to scale the screen to correctly display the game? Also in Win 7 and Win 10 can you run FA in a window if you run it inside Dosbox type program box?

_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
FAF/FA-2 Design team
Team SuperHornet Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group