Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 16:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am 

Yes I never finished the Cuban Missile Crisis LIB.

I haven't given up on it just so busy. Might just finish it up and move on with it but alas, something that just dawned on me. Way back when I did For Whom the Bell Tolls and here's the blurb about it:

Quote:
For Whom the Bell Tolls features twenty missions that work either in the single or multi player mode. As multiplayer they can be used as co-ops or campaigns for squadrons and what not. The mission pack features a fictious war between Russia and Ukraine in early 2001. Russian forces mostly consist of a small Russian fleet, with the Kuznetsov being the spearhead. The Ukrainians fight back with everything they have. Blackjack bombers and Backfire bombers present the largest threat to the fleet. Their cruise missiles can be either nuclear or conventional, thus creating a serious threat to the fleet. While attempting to destroy the Ukrainian military, you will also be fighting for the defense of the fleet and your aircraft. For every mistake you make as a Russian or vice versa, your enemy gains. As single-player, you fly strictly for Russia while as mutliplayer, you can fly as either Russian or Ukrainian. Multiplayer can support as little as 2 or as many as 8 players. Optimally, you should fly with as little as 3 players because the initial group is 3 Su-33 Flanker-D aircraft. This manual is here to help you better understand the capabilities of your aircraft and your enemy.

It's a fictional story of Russia trying to fight against Ukraine. It was probably envisioned as just as "Return to Moscow" thing but with Donbass and Crimea it's a bit more of a reality too. Perhaps I'll rework it in the world of Crimea and Donbass, chiefly the former. Perhaps it'll be reworked as a Ukrainian attempt to take back the Crimea. I may be able to find out what the Russians deployed there and put the player in the seat of either an Su-27SM Flanker for air missions and the Su-24M Fencer for ground missions.

http://www.easternorbat.com/html/russia ... efenceArmy

Saving this for future reference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:02 am 

So I take it any new campaign done on this will be based in the present era (2015 - Present)?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 16:56 pm 

Kai wrote:
So I take it any new campaign done on this will be based in the present era (2015 - Present)?

Yes it would be.