Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 09:02 am 

It would be nice to have, but it is a low priority for me. I currently substitute the gray MiG-31 for the A-5. New aircraft shapes are always beneficial and appreciated in the FA community. I'm guessing Cent would like to have A-5s in his Cuban campaign as well.

If I had to chose, though, I'd much rather have the AN-2 that you built in the past. Nothing in FA remotely resembles a biplane.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 09:41 am 

usnraptor wrote:
It would be nice to have, but it is a low priority for me. I currently substitute the gray MiG-31 for the A-5. New aircraft shapes are always beneficial and appreciated in the FA community. I'm guessing Cent would like to have A-5s in his Cuban campaign as well.

If I had to chose, though, I'd much rather have the AN-2 that you built in the past. Nothing in FA remotely resembles a biplane.

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb

Someone's got to do it :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 02:54 am 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb

Someone's got to do it :)

:lol:

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 04:36 am 

CAG

I would be interested in your AN 2.
I read it could be armed with a 7.62mm mg, was it armed with small bombs and rocket pods also?
That might be a cheap COIN aircraft.

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 22:42 pm 

Pappy wrote:
CAG

I would be interested in your AN 2.
I read it could be armed with a 7.62mm mg, was it armed with small bombs and rocket pods also?
That might be a cheap COIN aircraft.

Best Regards,
Pappy

Yes Pappy it could be but it was mostly used for neight intruder and insertion of SpecFor troops for clandestine raids especially by the NKs...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 22:44 pm 

usnraptor wrote:

Ok I will have this to you this week. I just finished the upper wing so it no longer disappears when the aircraft lands. Its not perfect because some of the panels are at angles they were never meant to be, but its good enough to pass as an AN-2... What color skin are you looking for? Summer or Winter?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 09:36 am 

Which ever of those choices best suits the Vietnam era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 06:37 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Which ever of those choices best suits the Vietnam era.

Well that I will have to check. Which Air Force? China? Vietnam?

If its Vietnam there was a mission by 4 AN-2s to attack a US Radar Base in Laos that was giving guidance to US attack aircraft and I believe the CIA intercepted them in a Huey. I have a Huey also if you want it...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 am 

I'll be happy with either one. Whichever is convenient to you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 03:05 am 

I will post both up for you to download Monday night late. I have to correct the cammo on the AN-2 to green and make a green UH-1 as well as remove the insignia from the grey UH1 so it can be a CIA Huey... That will give you 1 aircraft and 2 helos.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:39 am 

Great, Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 05:54 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Great, Thanks.

Damn! Nothing is ever as easy as it seems... The one thing that frustrates me the most in FA is that nothing ever works like it is supposed to ... The skins I created wont remap from greys to greens in the shape editor. I dont know how to remap them in other software. It only remaps about 20% of the shades so I cant simply shift the Grey Huey to a Green Huey or the Dark Grey AN-2 to a Green AN-2. I can instead make some new skins but will take time or you can skip the Green Huey and I can remake a quick Green Skin for the AN-2, since Vietnam did not have any dark grey AN-2s... Please let me know what you want me to do...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 14:21 pm 

I'll gladly take whatever version of AN-2 and UH-1 you currently have available.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 02:22 am 

Ok that makes it very easy indeed. I will have free time to work on this Friday evening and Saturday afternoon so I will post all downloads for anyone that wants them here at that time. I am a bit sluggish today as I worked 60 hours straight and then was able to finally get some sleep but am still dragging a bit from it today and will catch up on my sleep tonight so I am sharp tomorrow. I made a change to all Helo blades in my work so they are individual blades now like they have in more modern sims, instead of that low resolution mess they have in stock FA, so you get some blade movement. You can give me some feedback on it.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 03:12 am 

usnraptor wrote:
I'll gladly take whatever version of AN-2 and UH-1 you currently have available.

Air America UH-1 Huey in Grey is available for download...

The library is fully importable and has helo, shape, skin, HUD file, HUD Graphics, HUD Panel Graphics, Weapons file, Weapons icon files... There are two door guns... FN Mag machine guns. First gun is Right Door, Second gun is Left Door... I added a door gunner that is hard to make out (on purpose since I made the graphics dark on the inside of the UH-1 Huey) The FN MAG is a lot like M60 but CIA liked it better than M60 so I chose it... I also added some rockets and a small metal colored tracer shape to better replicate a bullet... You will need all the files in this library to make the helo work right unless you make changes. I couldn't make my new helo blades without dramatic changes to the skin and shape file. I forgot this helo shape may not be upgradable to my new blades. So I put on a compromise set of helo blades. Let me know what you think, but please bear in mind this is a work in progress so not all the polygons have perfect visibility from all the proper angles yet...

I will get the AN-2 out tomorrow...

PS - Here is an A4 Aggressor skinned version for use in a Topgun Scenario if you want it... The A-4 was to simulate the MiG-17 and was specifically to train Vietnam era F-4 Pilots on how to combat it.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Sat Nov 16, 2019 07:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next