Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 06:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Korea 2023 Campaign
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 19:26 pm 

August 2, 2022

Proposal:

As the year 2023 approaches, I think the time has come to finally build the campaign we have all been waiting for, a modern Korea war. The major combatants will be North and South Korea (obviously), with some involvement by Chinese and US forces.

Instead of building it to play with any one person's project, I'd like to have this campaign be built to play as a stand-alone project on a virgin, patched Fighters Anthology.

My proposal to the Fighters Anthology community is this: let's make this a community-wide project; a project that involves the best items and ideas available.

From all the submissions, I will try to use as much as possible to integrate into the campaign. Recognition will be given to contributors. This is everyones opportunity to showcase achievements made over the last two decades.

When you submit your contribution, it is preferred that you send the individual items and the accessory items to the individual items (example: if you submit a Destroyer and it is equipped with custom-made CIWS, then include the CIWS file with it).

Here is a list of items I am currently requesting. However, this list isn't all inclusive. If you have something else you feel would be an asset to the campaign, feel free to contribute.

Items:

North/South Korea Map(s). Though I have modified the default map, nothing is in concrete yet. If you have a map for consideration, feel free to send. Since it'll be the foundation of the campaign, the sooner I receive it, the better.

AAA : K 200, K 30, ZPU-4, ZU-23

SAMs: S-400s (#1 most wanted item), S-300s (SA-10), S-200s (SA-5), MIM-104, KM-SAM, N&S Korean MANPADS.

APCs : graphics for N&S Korea BMPs, BTRs, M113s.

Tanks: M48 Pattons, graphics for N&S Korea K1A1s, M48s, T-72s, T-80s.

Artillery: any, with textures*.

ICBM: I would like either an ICBM that launches from a silo, OR a SAM that launches from a silo, has a super high altitude ability, and a near 100% hit accuracy. If option 2, then a satellite with textures* or textures* for a U-2.

Modern NK Ships: Corvette, Landing Craft, Light Frigate, Gun/Patrol Boat, Mine Sweeper, Missile Boat, Torpedo Boat.

Modern SK Ships: Corvette, Destroyer, Frigate, Landing Craft, Mine Sweeper, Patrol Vessel.

US Ships: any.

NK Aircraft, including textures*: AN-24, H-5 (IL-28), MD 500, Mi-2, Mi-8, Mi-14, Mi-26, PAC-750.

NK Aircraft, textures* only: J-5, J-6, J-7, MiG-23, Q-5, SU-7, SU-25.

SK Aircraft, including textures*: E-737, CASA CN-235, EU AS332, FA-50, KA-27, KT-1, RQ-4, S-92.

SK Aircraft, textures* only: AH-1F/S, AH-64E, CH-47, F-4, F-5, F-15K, KF-16, F-35, Lynx, UH-60.

Air-Launched Missiles: AIM-120C-7, AGM-84K, AGM-130, AGM-142.

Miscellaneous: any unique vehicles (.NT) or scenery items (.OT) with textures, mission ideas, etc.. are also welcome.

* Note: by textures, I mean shape (.SH) and texture (.PIC) files.

Considering the state of the world and my personal life (and health), this winter is likely the best time to finally get this campaign built.

Please have all submissions sent in to me at [e-mail on my website] no later than October 31, 2022.

Let's make it happen!

http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/FA_Korea.htm

Post subject: Re: Korea 2023 Campaign
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 16:19 pm 

FYI - North Korea doesn't use Silos for its ICBMs. They are all mobile launchers. It also now has a submarine outfitted to fire IRBMs...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 15:46 pm 

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:34 am 

Will this have more of the S-300 family (SA-10D, SA-12 Gladiator/Giant, SA-20A/B)?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:48 am 

What appears in the campaign mostly depends on what gets submitted and what is already available in the Playset.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 20:08 pm 

Again if you would modify your time limitations to a much more realistic end of year instead of end of October not only could I give you a much improved Korea War map but also accurate items such at the Incheon airport with 4 functional runways, all the accurate airbases and much more terrain elevations and items such as naval bases and ports that have working factories and power stations (conventional and nuclear) that are active with steam and smoke stacks, support vehicles, etc and military items and sites such as S300 SAMs with all their supporting vehicles and radars, same for Patriot, Same for SA-3, SA-4, SA-6, etc and many many improved aircraft and accurately detailed armored and AAA vehicles (such as the M163 VADS) all with super detailed guns and with moving turrets and that use smoke to mask their positions. Plus vastly improved and new weapons such as AMRRAMs and Russian R-77, with detailed shapes skins, JSOW, JASSM, SLAMER, etc with accurate shapes and skins... Plus so much more...

There is so much stuff in fact that it will take me to the end of the year to get it all organized and delivered to you for use. I would probably allow me to move the entire FAF project to your campaign... If you use my old files your work will be vastly inferior to what I already have completed today...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 16:35 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Again if you would modify your time limitations to a much more realistic end of year ...

PM sent to your VNFA Wing Forum account.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 22:00 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
Again if you would modify your time limitations to a much more realistic end of year ...

PM sent to your VNFA Wing Forum account.

Got it and replied...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 01:20 am 

February 15, 2023

If anyone is playing along with the Korean Campaign 2023 build, ten missions are now built. In order to play, you'll need the latest Playset v 3.9 [uploaded Feb 15th] AND the Korea23.zip. Find both here:

Korea23.zip uses a lib and the individual mission files.

The missions will appear in the Single Mission menu. Just click Single Mission, then the letter 'J'.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 16:51 pm 

May 9th, 2023

Eighteen missions have been built for the campaign, so far.
Nine missions contain special codes (i.e. "We're under fire! Please assist.")

Current mission/craft breakdown:

747: 1
A-10: 1
AH-64E: 2
C-5: 1
F-4E: 4
F-5E: 2
F-15E: 2
F-16: 3
M163: 1
V-22: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:22 am 

July 26, 2023

Twenty of the total forty missions have been built. As mentioned below, you need to update with the latest Playset when updating the campaign, if you wish to have the latest as the campaign is being built. Otherwise, you can wait until the campaign is fully built and Playset v 4.0 is released.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 00:04 am 

December 17, 2023

Thirty-two of the forty missions have been built.

However, this isn't a publishing post. Instead, it is the link to my online back-up for the project. If, for some reason, I am unable to finish (i.e. death, imprisonment, etc...), this file will contain my latest work in all of its disorganized glory.

This is not ready to play as-is. Some needed files are with the unreleased update of the next Playset.
Feel free to peruse at your pleasure.

http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/Fighters%20Anthology/Campaigns/Korea_BK.ZIP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 23:59 pm 

January 4, 2024

Thirty-three of the total forty missions have been built (beta missions). The campaign is now a stand-alone project, meaning that this project operates in a default Fighters Anthology environment. Install all files inside Korea24.zip http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/Fighters%20Anthology/Campaigns/Korea24.ZIP into a default Fighters Anthology. Do Not combine with any other projects, not even Playset.

[Update: individual files have been added, as of 24 Jan 2024. See the READ_ME.txt for instructions.]

The final release will also include information about the missions and credit to contributors.

And, yes, the campaign has been renamed to year 2024. Originally, it was 2021.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 03:14 am 

January 24, 2024

Thirty-five of the total forty missions have been built (beta missions). Individual files have been added to the campaign set. Sometimes, modern computers cause errors when using .LIB files. If this happens, replace the .LIB files with Individual files. See the READ_ME.txt inside the campaign zip for more info.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 19:22 pm 

February 1, 2024

Thirty-seven of the forty missions complete. Lots of changes made since the last update. If you use individual files, be sure to delete all the old ones before installing this new batch.