Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 16:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Korea 2023 Campaign
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 02:40 am 

Feb 3, 2024

HELP: if anyone happens to have an old copy of my Korea_BK.zip file, please look inside for the file Korea Cast.xls . If you have that file, please send to me. TIA.

UPDATE: Cent sent me a copy. Thanks !!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 02:43 am 

New Mission Tip:

Let's say you want to have a single country with both Friendly and Enemy planes.

Here's how to do it:

1. Build mission as usual, making enemy plane an enemy country.
2. Open .M file using text editor (i.e. Notepad)
3. Change the country code to that of the enemy version of your friendly country code.
4. Save, and test.

Example:

type F18.PT
pos 2488551 25000 2037239
angle -90 0 0
nationality3 0 <----- change this to nationality3 128
flags $4617
speed 640
alias -120
skill 2
react $0 $8000 $0
searchDist 5

nationality3 0 is friendly United States
nationality3 128 is enemy United States

The country code list can be found here: http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/Fighters%20Anthology/Misc/Country%20Index.txt

Spoiler: an example of this appears late in the Korea Campaign.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 01:17 am 

February 9, 2024

39 missions complete; no new update is posted.

While you wait, here's some eye candy:

CNS-18 Fujian. It is Eagle 114th / Flowing Dragon's USS Kitty Hawk,
with some very minor changes by moi.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 15:58 pm 

Do you have a link to the CNS-8 carrier?

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 18:34 pm 

I found the CNS 8 files in the Korea_BK lib.
Nice work on the carrier!

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 04:27 am 

February 13, 2024

COMING SOON !! The campaign has been built and is currently in testing/finishing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 02:23 am 

Here's a tip to add to your campaign tips notes. If upon completing the mission and returning to base, it says you need to land at your home airport (or whatever phrase it uses) even though you ARE at your home base, check the following:

1. The base is set to Friendly.
2. The base is originally a default Friendly.
3. If still having problems, check to see if the player's aircraft country matches the base's country.

Being just 1 or 1 & 2 is usually good enough, but for some reason and in certain mystic situations, 3 must also apply.

For some reason tonight, a U.S. plane landing at a South Korean airport would not give me a "You're Almost Home."

Speaking of which, I've tested through mission J11 so far. I foresee having to run through the campaign twice before issuing (as usual).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:03 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Here's a tip to add to your campaign tips notes. If upon completing the mission and returning to base, it says you need to land at your home airport (or whatever phrase it uses) even though you ARE at your home base, check the following:

1. The base is set to Friendly.
2. The base is originally a default Friendly.
3. If still having problems, check to see if the player's aircraft country matches the base's country.

Being just 1 or 1 & 2 is usually good enough, but for some reason and in certain mystic situations, 3 must also apply.

For some reason tonight, a U.S. plane landing at a South Korean airport would not give me a "You're Almost Home."

Speaking of which, I've tested through mission J11 so far. I foresee having to run through the campaign twice before issuing (as usual).

I wonder if this is related to the base issues we've experienced where the base was originally enemy (or friendly) and then set to vice versa. You see it with the planes ground taxiing forever. I wonder if that would also apply to the nationality of the aircraft as well and basically override the base's settings?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 15:12 pm 

Quote:
I wonder if this is related to the base issues we've experienced where the base was originally enemy (or friendly) and then set to vice versa. You see it with the planes ground taxiing forever. I wonder if that would also apply to the nationality of the aircraft as well and basically override the base's settings?

I've been having to deal with that issue as well, basically putting one base on top of the other. That's why, when you build a map, you should leave some wiggle room by not loading it full of airbases/airports.

The "We're almost home" issue is one step above that, though. Yet, I don't know why it is not always the issue. In the Baltics campaign, the nationality changes/doesn't match all the time; but no problems there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 15:17 pm 

February 22, 2024

Korea Campaign 2024 is finally here.
http://myplace.frontier.com/~usnraptor/FA_Korea.htm

This is a 40-mission fictional campaign set that takes place from October 31, 2024 to February 8th, 2025. Unlike other usnraptor campaigns that require the Playset to run, Korea Campaign 2024 is a stand-alone campaign set. This means it is designed to run solely in a default Fighters Anthology installation that has been properly patched to version 1.02. Be sure to read the installation instructions found inside the .zip file, labeled READ ME.txt .

The campaign is a conglomeration of over 20 years of work by several people from several projects. Inside, players will find themselves deploying USNRaptor Playset aircraft and weapons, being challenged by wicked deadly SAMs by Centurian's Game Remod X, immersed in beautiful terrain and aircraft from CAG Hotshots FA Futures, gazing at a multitude of artistic majesty of various aircraft and ships by Eagle114th (aka Flowing Dragon), Flopdog McSporran, Hawke's FASHion, J.K. Peterson's JKPFA, and Kap's Kapset; just to name a few. For details, see Korea Project.txt inside the campaign set.

Campaign Features:

- All new terrain (classic FA Futures).

- Player flies 13 different aircraft and one vehicle.

- All missions posted as both Single Missions and Campaign Missions.

- Player guides to defeating difficult missions in the missions' Debrief - Mission Failure section.

- New aircraft : China's navalized J-31 stealth fighter & Y-20 cargo carrier, North Korea's IL-28, and South Korea's E-7A AEW&C aircraft & KF-21 Boramae 4.5th generation fighter.

- Twenty special codes used, more than any other campaign ever. (example: "This is Aeroflot Flight 261. Emergency!")

- New items include : the latest Chinese Aircraft Carrier, armed Guard Towers, IRBMs (Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles), M48 Patton Tanks, Trains, and suicide-bomb Trucks.

- Reappearance of CAG Hotshots : AN-2, IL-76, MiG-19, and P-3.

- Other features : a driveable M163 Vulcan AAA vehicle, updated Korean Map & In-Flight Map, new information files for the MIM-104 and S-300, six new voice-sound files, and several new scenery objects.