Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 14:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Playset v 4.0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 01:21 am 

Update: October 31st, 2023

- Here is a Halloween treat for you: Playset v 4.0 is now available. Since the Korean campaign is moving slowly, I have decided to release the new Playset v 4.0 ahead of schedule. There have been many updates since v 3.9 was originally released, but here are a few recent ones:

- The EA-6B and the A-7s have new flight envelopes, and changes in performance and weapons, based on information in the EA-6B and A-7E flight manuals, respectively. Since the YA-7F's flight manual isn't available, I had to guess a little based on what little information is available. You can view the data I used in AC Other.xls .

- Recent new aircraft include the MQ-9 Reaper, C-130J Super Hercules, and the AH-1S Super Cobra with TOW missiles. The IL-28 has been retired from the Playset, but a newer version is available in the Korean Campaign lib.

- Minor changes have been made to the AH-1s, AH-64s, F-5s, and F-35s.

- I have not had a chance to test all the missions and campaigns to see if they play properly with all the recent changes. If you notice an error, feel free to let me know.

- Lastly, keep in mind the Playset is reaching the Fighters Anthology total file limit. If you load a campaign and get a crash to desktop, you may need to temporarily remove some Single missions to make room for the Campaign missions. The current plan is to make major changes to the Playset to better handle the total file limit with the future release of Playset v 5.0 .