Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 20:45 pm 

Ok, we ll know that when we sustain certain damage to our aircraft, sometimes it tends to continue to get worse without taking further hits.

My question is this. Is it possible to some how set degenerative damage scenarios for ships that would wittle away at the hit points? Such as Engine room flooding or fire that would render a ship dead in the water. Or fires that spread to magazines or other vital compartments. Or such as a carrier, one direct hit with bomb/missile triggers fires in hanger deck that spread to fuel/ordinance stores causing more explosions and further damage.

Or am I just looking for too much realsim from FA?

<S>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 00:19 am 

Try this, put different hard points along the vessel, vehicle or what ever, and when damage is inflicted on that part of the object, (as in a plane) disables it. Like the radar, or the gun, or the wing pods. This way you can have degenerative damage. Like a missile knocking out the radar on a ship, or damaging the weapon stores.

Hope this helps, correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but that's how I'd do it.

Sayonara,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 01:08 am 

I believe this only works for aircraft, but trying can't hurt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 09:38 am 

Degenerative damages are indeed only active for PT files. The way the game code is currently setup the game can not duplicate these types of limiting and continuing damage results for the other items in the sim.

However there is hope, this can indeed be changed in the game code. Damage types and results can be modified. However this is by no means easy, nor do I have any kind of deadline.. I am just now dabbling with the assembly code to convert it. It isnt easy...