Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 21:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 23:30 pm 

Hey world,

I finally got my thoughts organized on the campaign I was going to start a long, long, time ago. So far I have the mission map nearly finished and I'm working on the LIB itself right now. The whole campaign is centered over the long fought over Kuril Islands, the Russians invade the Hokkaido and the US Navy is called in to help the Japanese Self Defense Force handle the issue. Here's a link to what the map looks like, give suggestions please (They are rather useful).

===the link===
http://users.waymark.net/derry/sapporo.bmp

Sayonara,

radical_d[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 23:35 pm 

So what do you fly, Carrier aircraft or Harriers?

BTW, what did you base the map on, the Falkland Islands?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 23:43 pm 

You get good with these maps radical and you're going to have yourself quite a good thing going on. Especially since we're dying for a central Europe map lol...

Hope it works out well for you...

For all your FA needs and Game Remod 6 visit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 00:13 am 

Some of it will be carrier based especially in the beginning, when most flight facilities were taken by the russians on Hokkaido, the JASDF has a limited role at that time, but by the halfway point most operations will be done by ground based JASDF/USN aircraft. I'm going to probably be using either the Falklands, or the Cuban map. Since at the moment it doesn't seem like any campaigns have been made for those maps. It makes sense to borrow them. I have a few little bugs with textures that I need to work out, especially for the new Mitsubishi F-2 that very closely resembles the F-16, but the F-16 shape isn't paintable, I need to get around that little issue and the rest will be smooth sailing.

Sayonara,

radical_d

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 00:28 am 

Re: F-16 Shape

CAG... this outside source you had proves it is possible to paint the shape... how can we do it there has to be a way

Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 00:40 am 

It would be great if I could get an F-2 in there, the FS-X isn't quite what the plane turned out to be. I remember having problems with this before, when I worked on the texture and imported it in to the game (Using the F-16A tex. and shape.) it, lacking all sense of grace crashed. But why does the F-16 have those lines on it? They're textured on to it, why not be able to change them? It's still the exact same number of bits in that texture, and to the computer, nothing should have changed, other than the pixels' color value. can you change the color of the underlying shape with Airbrush? I've never had much luck with that little progy.

Sayonara,

radical_d

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:47 pm 

Jimbo wrote:
Re: F-16 Shape

CAG... this outside source you had proves it is possible to paint the shape... how can we do it there has to be a way

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Good Luck! It required a full year and the use of a Crey Super comp and a master programmer friend of mine that broke the shapes down and rebuilt them in new colors one by one...

It certainly isnt something you can do on your home system!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 13:41 pm 

:( I may have a Sony Vaio but it's no super computer..
That's bad news and it will only change if FA is re-programmed so that we can edit shapes in 3d studio max similar to modern games heh I can wait though no good games coming out anytime soon it seems.

I know I haven't obviosuly but has anyone taken a look at the ATF F-16 Shape/Skin? If not their could still be a slim chance of hope for home computer editing, I'd suggest USNG but I don't recall a non-flyable F-16 when I played it.

Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 14:07 pm 

I am unfamiliar with F-16s in either of those games, however I doubt that either is up to the standard of the current Viper (unfortunately).

Perhaps their is future hope in the source code editing... Also I may be able to reestablish my links to my frined, though he isnt at that facility any longer, he still may be able to help. I have looked for him over the last two months though and struck out.. Plus it cost me some $$$ to get the work done...

Either way I will continue to keep you up to date on my source code ditis to see if that can be of any help in replacing the shapes in the game with something more modern...

CAG out...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 23:47 pm 

Question,

Ok, the F-16 has some form of texturing or another. Take a look at the wings, there are textured lines running down them, so why is it that FA can't take a slight modification to the texture file??? It boggles the mind... (I just love saying that)

Sayonara,

radical_d

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 00:21 am 

Hold on a second... how did P. Mok get the all white Thunderbird to work in his lib... that shape file has to work fine he obviously re-coloured it.

Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 04:28 am 

I haven't used P Mok's Project Blue for quite a while, but I remember the F-16 was white... he probably airbrushed it. Interestingly enough, Nozaro tried to airbrush the F-16.SH and came out with this several GB file... So I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 15:22 pm 

What ever happened to P.Mok anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 16:00 pm 

Became a lawyer...

For all your FA needs and Game Remod 6 visit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 18:35 pm 

I think it's time the law man gets a shout from his old gaming community. If anyone has him on ICQ or has his e-mail direct him to this thread.

Jimbo