Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 22:55 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
As mentioned above, I took the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib, and using libhack and the toolkit, managed to extract the individual files from inside those libs.

Today, I removed the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib from a virgin Fighters Anthology, and replaced those libs with the default files from inside those libs. The game still played; however, there are a few hiccups.

One of those hiccups is the game initialization takes roughly 66 seconds to start.

The second was the campaigns may take roughly 66 seconds to start. The missions load normal time.

Other than that, the game seems to work as normal.

Next, I loaded my modified items, overwriting the default items. Again, the only thing I noticed were the two issues mentioned above.

Libhack is able to disassemble large files, but unable to put large files back together again. In order to import the default libs into the toolkit, the large lib had to be reassembled as smaller libs, then imported into the toolkit. The toolkit also has a limit on the number of items it can have in a project/lib.

I have been hex editing the FATK exe to try to find the file limiter and increase the size of libs that can be made... This might solve the 66 second issue.

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 04:20 am 

usnraptor wrote:
As mentioned above, I took the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib, and using libhack and the toolkit, managed to extract the individual files from inside those libs.

Today, I removed the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib from a virgin Fighters Anthology, and replaced those libs with the default files from inside those libs. The game still played; however, there are a few hiccups.

One of those hiccups is the game initialization takes roughly 66 seconds to start.

The second was the campaigns may take roughly 66 seconds to start. The missions load normal time.

Other than that, the game seems to work as normal.

Next, I loaded my modified items, overwriting the default items. Again, the only thing I noticed were the two issues mentioned above.

Libhack is able to disassemble large files, but unable to put large files back together again. In order to import the default libs into the toolkit, the large lib had to be reassembled as smaller libs, then imported into the toolkit. The toolkit also has a limit on the number of items it can have in a project/lib.

In your importing of files have you ever found the main.dll file? I believe it has most, if not all of the procedure calls. I want to hexedit that file...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:52 pm 

Nope, no .dll You can download the default libfiles (zip file) from my website from the link posted on Feb 10, 2019

Libs 4b and 4d are music files.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 20:49 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
Nope, no .dll You can download the default libfiles (zip file) from my website from the link posted on Feb 10, 2019

Thanks but I can just import from the originals here... You have a nice site but the bandwidth is throttled a bit.

I do have one question though, where did you get the F-14 Shape file in your Shapes and Pics zip?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 21:32 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

Thanks but I can just import from the originals here... You have a nice site but the bandwidth is throttled a bit.

I do have one question though, where did you get the F-14 Shape file in your Shapes and Pics zip?

The Tomcat shapes are from Hawkes FASHion website. He did a great job with them; much better than any of the defaults.

In that zip is a text file (opens best in Notepad) that list all the shapes and, for some, the source where I found them. My only contributions (airplane shape wise) are turning the F35 from blue & gray to two tone gray (including the damage pics), editing the damage pics for the TU-16, F-84, and A-1H, and coloring the back canopy blue for the A-1E (which I believe is the same blue I used for making canals).

The website is what the ISP gives to their residential customers as part of the internet access package. I don't think they built it for the kind of traffic I get (hence the Forbidden Access errors).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 02:06 am 

usnraptor wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

The Tomcat shapes are from Hawkes FASHion website. He did a great job with them; much better than any of the defaults.

In that zip is a text file (opens best in Notepad) that list all the shapes and, for some, the source where I found them. My only contributions (airplane shape wise) are turning the F35 from blue & gray to two tone gray (including the damage pics), editing the damage pics for the TU-16, F-84, and A-1H, and coloring the back canopy blue for the A-1E (which I believe is the same blue I used for making canals).

The website is what the ISP gives to their residential customers as part of the internet access package. I don't think they built it for the kind of traffic I get (hence the Forbidden Access errors).

It looks a lot like mine except it doesn't have the improved skin panel layouts or High res skins... Nor the IR-Sensor/Camera below the nose...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website