Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 05:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 02:21 am 

Operation Cuban Response
Well 40 of the 120 missions are complete. This constitutes one of three campaigns. It will not be like OPKR where there are 10-parts. It will be 120 continuous missions broken into 3 40-mission sets (all using the Baltics CAM file just replacing the first three campaigns). The LIB is sound at 2,026 KB and I don't imagine it will increase tremendously. Only 80 missions to go. :|

World War III Set
As you may have heard, all of these "modern" campaigns comprise my fictional World War III set. This set starts with the War on Terror set (following 9.11.01 [the start of WWIII]) and progresses to TRUD, black ops in Iran against Al Qaida. Then it will go to Cuban Response, which is not terrorist related but Cuban aggression and such will be delt with. Then it will go to Korean Resolve, which as you know is North Korea. Then there will be another set, which will follow through against Russia and China, following their defeats in North Korea. This particular campaign will be the biggest, with multiple maps: (Vladivostok, Taiwan, Baltics, Ukraine, and if only I had more maps I could make more theaters). Subsequent theaters involved will be the Falklands, Israel, possibly Vietnam but not certain, and also possibly the Balkans. This will bring the war to around 2010, maybe further depending on the maps. I may have some France, Greece, or otherwise general map theaters as well. If you have any suggestions let me know?

Currently I am working on an ORBAT for the USNAVY in that each CVSG has their appropriate fighter wings, being F-14s, F-18s, EA-6s, etc. but this is taking some time as it is very difficult to fenagle since I jumbled them around for OPKR to fit what I wanted. But if anyone would like to lend a hand with it let me know, I'd need ya to know quite a bit about how carrier wings are set up and such on carriers.