Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 03:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 14:50 pm 

A PDF file of Performance figures for aircraft in FA Futures Korea 2003
has been uploaded to the VNFAWING EGroup.

You can access the file here...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VNFAWING/ ... nRates.pdf

(If this link does not function you can obtain the file by signing into the the VNFAWING Egroup site and going to the FILES section. Or you can wait a few days for the documents section to be activaeed on the VNFAWING.com website...)

You will notice that this document bears a close resemblance to the same document for the previous 714 library sets and its improved flight models.

The reason for this is... FA Futures now incorporates FM data from the 714 libset! You now have some of the best FMs ever created for FA, coupled with the best graphics ever created for FA...

This initail release of FA Futures Korea 2003 has the 714 FMs migrated into the libraries. The followup release will have the same FMs, but improved by Kaptor. There simply was not enough time to send him the raw data to work with to get the job finished for this release, so the FMs are indeed those(100%)within the 714 libset.

The data is protected and encrypted, so please do not ask me to send it to you. It is not importable into FATK at any rate. The FMs were not built with the Toolkit...

I think these new FMs will make a huge difference in the flyablility of FA Futures and should make quite an impact. The PDF file has alot of information that is of interest. It will also be available on the FA Futures documents page on the VNFAWING.com website.

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 16:23 pm 

That was interesting... After reading these data table, I knew that F-14D tomcat, My favorite aircraft in whole world since I was kid, are very agile at low speed turning. I compared F-14D tomcat to F-16C/D.

Anyway, I was sure they are very agile at low speed with wing sweep open. But, I didnt' know that F-14D tomcat turn about 22.6 degree per second at 7 Gs with airspeed of 339 (knots?) compared to F-16C with turning abilites of 22.1 degree per second while performing 9 Gs at 448 (knots?). Are they same to real life aerodynamic data of aircraft, or part time realistic for simulator? I'm too curious already right now.

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 16:59 pm 

Its based on real world data, these are the published 714 lib FMs. However that is instaneous turn speed. It can not be maintained. The F-14 is a heavy aircraft and will bleed off this speed and degree of turn rapidly. Much more rapidly then the F-16, since it doesnt have the thrust to weight ratios of the F-16...

Also the F-14 doenst have low speed turning capacity. If you drop below sustained turning speed for G you will become sluggish and stall. The F-14 flies best(for maneuvers) at medium speeds for small turn rate.

You can not climb or loop a Tomcat though at low speed you will stall at high angle of attacks due to drag coefficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 20:32 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Its based on real world data, these are the published 714 lib FMs. However that is instaneous turn speed. It can not be maintained. The F-14 is a heavy aircraft and will bleed off this speed and degree of turn rapidly. Much more rapidly then the F-16, since it doesnt have the thrust to weight ratios of the F-16...

Also the F-14 doenst have low speed turning capacity. If you drop below sustained turning speed for G you will become sluggish and stall. The F-14 flies best(for maneuvers) at medium speeds for small turn rate.

You can not climb or loop a Tomcat though at low speed you will stall at high angle of attacks due to drag coefficient.

But at the same time, you still can perform quick loop, if you turn F-14D tomcat to upside with sweep wing open, and then pull to perform half loop, or doing the last part of Split S. I seen Tomcat doing that in air show, and it was really impressive. But, depending on conditions of course.

;)

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF