Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 17:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 17:20 pm 

July 5, 2018

-The USNRaptor Playset v 1.1 has been updated.

Included are the June 27 improvements, an SA-2F (inspired by Kapset), and the Duke / Driscoll May 10, 1972 mission (titled z720510.M and .MT). This mission will be part of the future rewrite of the default 25 mission Linebacker campaign.

Retired from the playset is the F-106 and the AIM-4F and -G missiles.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 00:00 am 

Somehow, the F-104 grabbed my attention and then this happened:

July 17, 2018

- New Aircraft: F-104C, -G, -S (F104.PT, F104G.PT, F104S.PT) are now available in the aircraft folder. The -G and -S models can have fuel (Extended Fuel Tanks) in place of the M61. Also needed are the pic and shape files ( _F104V.pic, _104G.pic, F104V.SH, 104G.SH) found in pics_shapes.zip .

--------------------

The F-104G shape/pic was grabbed from JKPFA. I'm not sure where I got the F-104C (Vietnam) shape. I got those several months ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 09:56 am 

usnraptor wrote:

July 17, 2018

- New Aircraft: F-104C, -G, -S (F104.PT, F104G.PT, F104S.PT) are now available in the aircraft folder. The -G and -S models can have fuel (Extended Fuel Tanks) in place of the M61. Also needed are the pic and shape files ( _F104V.pic, _104G.pic, F104V.SH, 104G.SH) found in pics_shapes.zip .

--------------------

The F-104G shape/pic was grabbed from JKPFA. I'm not sure where I got the F-104C (Vietnam) shape. I got those several months ago.

That F-104C is probably from my old shapes & skins repository if it's a jungle-camo'd F-104. Who it came from is a mystery, that was 20 years ago haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 16:03 pm 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

July 17, 2018

--------------------

That F-104C is probably from my old shapes & skins repository if it's a jungle-camo'd F-104. Who it came from is a mystery, that was 20 years ago haha.

The one I used is F104V.SH.

Yours is labeled _104C.PIC (with A - D) & 104C.SH (with A-D). The toolkit says the author is GLFHO.

At first, I was going to use yours, but the other one was a better match for my Vietnam F-105. I may do some digging in the future to update my pic-shapes txt file to reflect the sources.

Thanks for bringing it up. Now I can label the source of the 104C files.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:17 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
Centurian57_369th wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

July 17, 2018

--------------------

The one I used is F104V.SH.

Yours is labeled _104C.PIC (with A - D) & 104C.SH (with A-D). The toolkit says the author is GLFHO.

At first, I was going to use yours, but the other one was a better match for my Vietnam F-105. I may do some digging in the future to update my pic-shapes txt file to reflect the sources.

Thanks for bringing it up. Now I can label the source of the 104C files.

Sounds neat, glad to see there's another one, as to who is GLFHO, no clue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 00:35 am 

September 8, 2018

- The rewrite of the Linebacker campaign (which will overwrite the default Vietnam campaign) is eleven missions complete; fourteen more to go. As with the Yankee Station campaign, this one too will be heavily inspired by real events.

- Did you know the USNRaptor Playset v 1.1 includes 4 usnraptor-created campaigns (Greek, Israeli, Taiwan, and Yankee Station) and 4 reworked default campaigns (Baltic, Egypt, Ukraine, and Vladivostok) ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 22:38 pm 

I wish we had a LIKE button here! :D

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 00:05 am 

Thanks!

I'm just glad we have this forum to come to.

It would be nicer if more people participated. This thread alone has had over 2300 views, so I know there are more people coming here than the half-dozen of us making comments.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 21:58 pm 

probably a lot of robots... same on VNFAWING.com Forums...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 23:03 pm 

Updated: November 2, 2018

- The Yankee Station Linebacker campaign is complete. As mentioned before, this campaign replaces the default Vietnam campaign and is heavily inspired by real events. The campaign is selectable in the Campaign menu. It is 25 missions commencing with President Nixon famous Linebacker speech and ending with the last MiG to be shot down in the war. The player will fly an A-6A Intruder, A-7A & A-7E Corsair II, F-4B & F-4J Phantom II, and the newly added RA-5C Vigilante. As with all my campaigns, the USNRaptor Playset is required to play it. Campaign information can be found here .

- The USNRaptor Playset v 1.5 includes the new campaign, new aircraft (MiG-21MF, RA-5C), new weapons (AGM-62 Walleye II, MK-20 MER-3), and new scenery (dirt roads, canals). There have been some improvements to several existing files as well. Recently, I noticed the Knox class frigate was missing. This frigate is now back in action. Why is this important? Its operational deck gun of coarse! Some files have been renamed since the old playset, so it is highly advised to delete the old playset files and install the new playset. The playset install guide - FAQ can be found here .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 04:36 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Updated: November 2, 2018

- The Yankee Station Linebacker campaign is complete. As mentioned before, this campaign replaces the default Vietnam campaign and is heavily inspired by real events. The campaign is selectable in the Campaign menu. It is 25 missions commencing with President Nixon famous Linebacker speech and ending with the last MiG to be shot down in the war. The player will fly an A-6A Intruder, A-7A & A-7E Corsair II, F-4B & F-4J Phantom II, and the newly added RA-5C Vigilante. As with all my campaigns, the USNRaptor Playset is required to play it. Campaign information can be found here .

- The USNRaptor Playset v 1.5 includes the new campaign, new aircraft (MiG-21MF, RA-5C), new weapons (AGM-62 Walleye II, MK-20 MER-3), and new scenery (dirt roads, canals). There have been some improvements to several existing files as well. Recently, I noticed the Knox class frigate was missing. This frigate is now back in action. Why is this important? Its operational deck gun of coarse! Some files have been renamed since the old playset, so it is highly advised to delete the old playset files and install the new playset. The playset install guide - FAQ can be found here .

Why didn't you stick to your mid November timeline for completion you quoted me?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:07 pm 

My vacation was cut short. I was excited to get finished, and the time to finish became available.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 21:17 pm 

usnraptor wrote:
My vacation was cut short. I was excited to get finished, and the time to finish became available.

Ok I am doing final testing this evening for any problems... I also am thinking of doing some online testing of the new shape, skin, and PT file to see if its stable in multiplayer but that will have to wait until Monday evening for Duke to be available as he is my Beta Tester in multiplayer for new FA items...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 01:55 am 

Updated: January 27, 2019

- New aircraft icons are now available for several different aircraft. No longer will a B-1B or B-52 be represented by an F/A-18 icon.

- The Vladivostok campaign has been rewritten to use Russian aircraft and weapons (mostly) to defend against the Chinese invasion. The old modified campaign using US equipment can still be found in the ftp folder as Vlad-US .

- The USNRaptor Playset v 1.6 includes the new Vladivostok campaign (old one removed), the new aircraft icons, new F-35A -B & -C, improvements to the F-4, Saab Drakken & Viggen, Buccaneer, Jaguar, and Strikemaster. Many of the text files for campaign missions were cleaned up. Changes have been made to a few weapons and their icons. The B-83 nuclear weapon has been retired.

- Lastly, inspired by Richard Schaffert's biography, From Farm Boy to Fighter Pilot, the Saga of Brown Bear, I rewrote the Vietnam single mission ODDS AGAINST (Viet 08) to have it more closely resemble the actual battle. Thank you Richard Schaffert for personally e-mailing me a copy of your book. His battle can be seen on the tv show Dogfights: The Last Gunfighter.

Last edited by usnraptor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 00:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 00:58 am 

Updated: February 10, 2019

- Added a new file for modders of Fighters Anthology. Def_Libfiles.zip contains the files contained in FA_1.LIB, FA_2.LIB, and FA_4B.LIB. This allows easier access to those files without needing to manipulate the FA Toolkit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next