Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 14:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 09:09 am 

This is so huge I do not know how to covey what it truly means...

I now have full and complete access to everything in FA. Every item, every file, everything! The changes that can be made are now limitless! THis is so far beyond what you can access with the standard or even the hacked version of the Duosoft toolkit...

This also means I can now write full on patches for FA 1.02F, that install just as 1.02F does... The file limit error? It wont exist anylonger! No more duplicate files in the 3rd party libs! All the original libs will be changed! THis will free up thousands! *yes thousands!) of files in the buffer! I can litterly now make the game run with fully modified default library files... No more booting up without all the necessary lib files, no more needing of 'FA Futures' libs, the game will have FA FUtures improvements as default items!...

I am so amazed I cant even think what to write here! I can now make the graphics of FA Futures default items in the game!! I can modify ALL Maps, ALL aircraft, ALL weapons, vehicles, ships, etc in one file for the entire sim! Then merge them into the default FA libraries!! This means you will be able to boot and run FA just like normal and have all the selections of FA Futures graphics throughout every map, weapons, aircraft, etc...

Geeze this is so huge! I can now make FA-2 stage-1 a full year ahead of time!

This is also a HUGE boom to ALL lib developers! The graphics of FA Futures will be defaut items in the game now! You will be able to create any aircraft of vehicle you want to your own specificiations and then run it in the improved FA Futures graphical world!

Its so dramatic I had to stop working lastnight and just sit and think about the possibilities for hours!

It totally changes everything that VNFAWING has worked on for the the last 3 years!!!

This can make FA hugly popular again, the new graphics engine is one year closer to implementation now!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got to say... Centurian was hugly helpful in this! Thanks Cent!!!

more to come in future messages.... Oh so very very much more to come!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Fri Oct 10, 2003 15:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:46 pm 

One little, itsy-tinny humble request:
Could you make that FA2 in a way as it would be easy to change the
voices from english to french (and others).
Like an easily accessed file with all the voices where one could access
it and change these voices with recordings of their own (or others)
voices? (wav format?)
And include text with each voices, to make ("colorfull")translations easier.

FlatulentFox
Pilote non-conventionel avec des idées barbares: les lois de la gravité ne s'appliquent pas a moi!
;-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:50 pm 

Sounds groovy... Did you mention bettering the graphics ahaha I likes my friends.

Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 13:32 pm 

Jimbo,

Defualt FA will now have all the improvements of FA Futures, and it will be available for every map in the game and do it all without adding any new files to thebuffer! Just replacing all the default files in the default libs!

FA-2 stage 1 is at hand! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 13:34 pm 

Fox, sorry I dont know any French, but a French version could be built after the English one is complete...

WIth french wording if I can get someone on the team who speaks it and can translate for me...

But again that is in the future after the initial version is complete... But itw now reachable in a number of months instad of years! 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 14:32 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Fox, sorry I dont know any French, but a French version could be built after the English one is complete...

WIth french wording if I can get someone on the team who speaks it and can translate for me...

But again that is in the future after the initial version is complete... But itw now reachable in a number of months instad of years! 8) 8) 8)

Eject eject eject! Enemy fighters ahead!

Please don't shoot I surrender...

Noooo he has a lock on me, I am done for!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 15:14 pm 

Great to hear this, Im especially looking forward to the new graphics engine.

I think one problem will be very hard to fix, though, and that's the most important one to me right now: the network engine. I sometimes dream that the router problem wasnt there anymore. :(

Im still working on getting back online here.

Why would anyone want different languages, Im paid 30$ just to change my German version to English language.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 16:36 pm 

Would there be a way to blow the mission buffer right out of the water. My city map with all the stationary ground targets is 874 items total (375 in the MM). Now I am eventually going to have to add aircraft, helicopters, MANPADs, tanks, vehicles, and of course troops.

Also is it possible to do this reguarly as in ASAP for this campaign in ways not adhereing to this. It spits out "FA FATAL ERROR: Insufficient Memory"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 17:44 pm 

Sorry Cent, but object numbers are hard coded in this graphics engine... each is allocated a certain % of available memory... That is true for all sims, however other sims overcome it by limiting the number of items that actually show up during the mission to a 'player bubble' or a specific graphical size around the players aircraft, or any other target he decides to view in external view options... wherever you are looking in those sims it 'spawns' the items only inside the view bubble, thus keeping memory use to a minimum, unfortunately this graphics engine in current FA isnt intelligent enough to do that...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 18:10 pm 

I'd be happy to humbly contribute my translation "talents" for a french
version of FA-2.
CAG, email me at NP540@hotmail.com if you need my help for that.

My main reason for wanting a french version of FA is, the place where
I live, north-eastern New-Brunswick, Canada, have many french-speaking
peoples. I'd just like to make a french version of FA available to the many
kids who don't speak english.
I now have the "french" version of FA, but even if all the text is indeed
in french, the voices are still in english.

And myself, even if I speak english very well, having a fully french version
of FA would be like "icing on the cake".
:-)

FlatulentFox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 19:47 pm 

congrats CAG I know you been workin this pretty hard, it's nice to see you finaly got most or all that you were after in this old bird of ours. Figured you would, I guess your as hard headed and stubborn as I am lol. All hail our new master lol

Let your anger be like the monkey which hides inside the piniata.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:03 pm 

OH MY GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN< I remembered these old day, when thousand of lib people always desired (including me), somthing like thse, and you TURNED it in reality! That's F$*King GOOD NEWS, and I am damn proud of you!!! Now, we can make new graphic, adding vapor trails over edge on wings and body of aircrafts, and also add vapor when breaking sounds barrier, for example:

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:25 pm 

HERE'S BIG DRINK to you for doing GREAT JOB on Fighter Anthology and bought it into live!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 01:51 am 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
... The file limit error? It wont exist anylonger! No more duplicate files in the 3rd party libs! All the original libs will be changed! THis will free up thousands! *yes thousands!) of files in the buffer! I can litterly now make the game run with fully modified default library files...

I am so amazed I cant even think what to write here! I can now make the graphics of FA Futures default items in the game!! I can modify ALL Maps, ALL aircraft, ALL weapons, vehicles, ships, etc in one file for the entire sim! Then merge them into the default FA libraries!!

I know, I've been snooping through the treasure chest again.

Is this still a valid statement? Basically, what is involved in integrating modified files into default files? I've hit the file limit, so this is now an interest to me.

Update: I have managed to get all default library items (except FA_4D) into project folders for the toolkit. I've yet to discover how to piece them back together as giant libs to directly replace the default.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 16:56 pm 

As mentioned above, I took the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib, and using libhack and the toolkit, managed to extract the individual files from inside those libs.

Today, I removed the default FA_1.lib & FA_2.lib from a virgin Fighters Anthology, and replaced those libs with the default files from inside those libs. The game still played; however, there are a few hiccups.

One of those hiccups is the game initialization takes roughly 66 seconds to start.

The second was the campaigns may take roughly 66 seconds to start. The missions load normal time.

Other than that, the game seems to work as normal.

Next, I loaded my modified items, overwriting the default items. Again, the only thing I noticed were the two issues mentioned above.

Libhack is able to disassemble large files, but unable to put large files back together again. In order to import the default libs into the toolkit, the large lib had to be reassembled as smaller libs, then imported into the toolkit. The toolkit also has a limit on the number of items it can have in a project/lib.