Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 06:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 18:16 pm 

You know hotfrog if you could turn the Su-27s ugly camo into some more or less looking like the real camo I would have to make it fit in GR6 and my upcoming WWIII set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 14:48 pm 

Hotshot the polygon wasnt made invisible by changing the color but by making two of the points that make the quad the same as the other two.

P1 ----P2
| xxxx |
| xxxxx |
P4------P3 into P1, P4 ------- P2, P3

I didnt even mess with the polygon, instead changed the coordinates. Basically the polygon becomes a line in 3d space. I tried to make a poly a point (by changing all the vertices indices the same value) but that gave me CTD, at least for textured Mapped polys. Didnt try by changing the Coordinates of each vertice though.

I'll see what I can do to finish the LODs and Damaged Models. Like I said when I finish I'll realease it so you guys can create better looking SU27 and SU30s.

Also you never answered my questions related to FA-II. Is it gonna be a commercial Project or Open Source?

hotfrog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 15:00 pm 

Sorry I missed the FA - 2 question earlier...

FA - 2 is going to be both... commercial product AND open source for end user upgrades...

FA - 2 is also actually two seperate products, seperated by stages...

FA - 2 Stage 1 is the maximizing of original FA, updating all default items to maximum graphics, FMs, weapons modelling, terrains, maps, etc...

After that Stage 2,3, and 4 are centered on the new FA-2 commercial release...

All will be end user editable and upgradable...

The best of both worlds...

And speaking to that, I have sent you aPM to discuss your possible contributions...

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 02:55 am 

How close is FA-2 Stage 1 to being completed (what does the release date look like) ?

How much better will Fa-2 Stage 1's graphics be compared to the original terrain and texture bitmpas? (are any sample screenshots of the new terriain graphics for FA-2 Stage 1 avaialble?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 19:53 pm 

full burner have you seen FA Futures?

FA-2 will be even better then FAF...

ANd it will encompass the upgrading of every item within FA to the new level... every shape, every skin, every vehcile, map, terrain, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 00:03 am 

I savor the day these come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:13 pm 

Has anyone heard anything additional on this?

I dont know about you Cent, but I am not very interested in the new crash shapes... I never change the crash shapes or crash textures on my libraries, I just use appropiate ones for the general layout and color to match the original I am using... I have even used the old SU-27 crash shapes with my new SU-27 shapes... Once the traget is destroyed I really have limited interest in what it looks like...

We should get this SU-27 shape released now, for experimentation, instead of waiting on the crash shapes. I have also not seen another library where anyone does detailed work on the crash shapes or skins either, there simply isnt enough file room in the FAF libraries to redo the crash shapes...

Lets get this shape out to test, release it to the general use public, like I did my all grey SU-35 shape back in 2001...

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 13:40 pm 

ditto on LOD crash SHs, we dont need them unless it is for some reason nessesary for the changes he made.

Let your anger be like the monkey which hides inside the piniata.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 14:22 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Has anyone heard anything additional on this?

I dont know about you Cent, but I am not very interested in the new crash shapes... I never change the crash shapes or crash textures on my libraries, I just use appropiate ones for the general layout and color to match the original I am using... I have even used the old SU-27 crash shapes with my new SU-27 shapes... Once the traget is destroyed I really have limited interest in what it looks like...

We should get this SU-27 shape released now, for experimentation, instead of waiting on the crash shapes. I have also not seen another library where anyone does detailed work on the crash shapes or skins either, there simply isnt enough file room in the FAF libraries to redo the crash shapes...

Lets get this shape out to test, release it to the general use public, like I did my all grey SU-35 shape back in 2001...

CAG out...

A skinned Su-27 becomes that ugly blue when it goes into crashing. I hate stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 17:00 pm 

You know, you dont have to use the same destruction shape, its all controlled by what shadow shape you use... If you want a light colored destroyed shape, then use the SU-27 snow's shadow shape, then the destroyed shape will not be blue...

Plus destroyed shapes themselves are often colorable, when the main shapes are not... Its this way for the E-2000 Eurofighter...

Plus many more...

CAG out...

PS - Whats the status on the new SU-27 Hotfrog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 20:26 pm 

eh its a pet peeve having it switch period but its nothing something that is all that vital ya know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 14:12 pm 

I am quite dissappointed that Hotfrog has not responded...

I am also now a bit suspicious...

I am hoping this is indeed what it appears to be on the face of things and not something else...

Hotfrog, please release your new shape so we can take a look at it...

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:37 am 

Hey hotshot I dont know how can you doubt me when I have released all the info that I have found about SH files to the community. Something that this community has lacked from time to time (case in point non exportable libs). But in contrast there are been a lot of guys sharing TK tips and plain simple giving their stuff away which is good.

Anyways the SU-30MKK is ready...Try it and let me know if you get CTD. I'm not sure if it still has invalid polygons. It seemed pretty stable but is not guaranteed (didnt have time to test thoroughly). Notice that being a SU-30MKK you get a 2 seats cockpit (in case someone wanted a SU-27, get the .PIC files from the SU-35). Feel free to modify and create any plane you want, just make sure that you let me pilot your new creation :-)...

http://www.sharemation.com/hotfrog/su30MKK.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 17:31 pm 

Locked libs at VNFAWING are due to a legal agreement we have for the development of FA-2... its not up to me...

Hotfrog thatnks for the sahep.. my suspicion was directed towards it not be stable, not towards you doing the work...

I will test this shape to see if its stable and attempt to crack the color for anyone that wants a different color version. This means that Jimbo may indeed have a good shape to use for his all grey SU-30 skin he was developing...

I do not know yet if its stable enough for a recolor attempt...

I will let everyone know by the weekend...

CAG out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 18:02 pm 

I have just added two tips for fixing invisble shapes and large shape errors from the sick puppy shape color editor on the VNFAWING EGroup...

I will also publsih a very detailed article on how to do this on the VNFAWING.com website with screen captures to illustrate the proper procedures...

**** THis is NOT shape cracking, shape cracking is for shapes that are not openable in the sick puppy shape color editor...

CAG out...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next