Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 15:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 04:46 am 

I have decided to retire from doing FA Support on Zephyrnet, however I am staying active on VNFAWING.com Forums...

With all our FAF and FA-2 develoment projects on VNFAWING.com and some new demands on my time for work and other projects, I no longer have enough free time to help out here and still maintain my workload at VNFAWING.com...

Therefore I will be ending my relationship with Zephyrnet on a permenant basis...

I wish everyone here luck in their development projects and to say that if they need indepth FA support they can always come over to the forums at VNFAWING.com...

We have a dedicated staff of over 25 developers and testers that are on our boards daily with many new projects and development ideas...

Our boards are highly active with an average of 1500 new posts a month. I look forward to seeing alot of you over there...

As for the Fourms here...

Its been great here on Zephyrnet (and his previous forums) for the last 5 years, but all good things must come to an end...

Cent, Fetch, Zephyr, and you new guys asking questions...

You are all welcome on the Forums over at VNFAWING.com...

http://vnfawing.com/forum/

CAG out...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:44 am 

Because Zephyrnet is so busy that it requires posting every 30 seconds. I think there's a new topic what, once every 4 days? King Cag, all hail King Cag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 21:58 pm 

i fear the day when we all retire from FA but i never though CAG was here on support. I though wer here to chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 23:10 pm 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
Because Zephyrnet is so busy that it requires posting every 30 seconds. I think there's a new topic what, once every 4 days? King Cag, all hail King Cag.

Cent I feel sorry for you...

I had a long message describing your many shortfalls posted here, but it would do no good to list them...

So instead let me alter my message above...

Everyone BUT Cent is welcome on my Forums...

CAG over and out...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 01:49 am 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Centurian57_369th wrote:

Cent I feel sorry for you...

I had a long message describing your many shortfalls posted here, but it would do no good to list them...

So instead let me alter my message above...

Everyone BUT Cent is welcome on my Forums...

CAG over and out...

Ooo does this mean I have an IP ban oh mighty King Cag? :: eagerly awaits ::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 03:28 am 

Yup! :D

bye! :lol:

CAG over and out...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:50 am 

You are one little nasty geek my friend cag. :shock:
The only reason you helped here was to promote your site and forum. I think Zephyr should charge you for advertisement.

Anyway, have fun with your site and wish you luck
:lol:

I tell ya this. This site and forum made by zephyr is the best site there is
(plus Centurian's)

And the reason Zephyr doesnt post much is that he has a life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 14:28 pm 

Oui! I like Ali LOL!

I do regret Ali that I may be removing FA stuff from my site in the new redesign, scheduled in the summer.

Also, just a minor side note. I left Cag's VNFAWING quite a while ago, way before this incident. One of the reasons I left was that CAG got too high on his horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 14:37 pm 

Ali wrote:
You are one little nasty geek my friend cag. :shock:
The only reason you helped here was to promote your site and forum. I think Zephyr should charge you for advertisement.

Anyway, have fun with your site and wish you luck
:lol:

I tell ya this. This site and forum made by zephyr is the best site there is
(plus Centurian's)

And the reason Zephyr doesnt post much is that he has a life.

To each his own ALi, to each his own...

To update you, check my posts on the forums here and you will find I posted more FA development and support posts here then anyone else...

However I do not expect to sway your opinion, since no one can do that but themselves.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 14:42 pm 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
Oui! I like Ali LOL!

I do regret Ali that I may be removing FA stuff from my site in the new redesign, scheduled in the summer.

Also, just a minor side note. I left Cag's VNFAWING quite a while ago, way before this incident. One of the reasons I left was that CAG got too high on his horse.

Actually that isnt true Cent, you left because you said you could not answer the FA XP support issues directed to you there. That is in your own words in the emails we sent each other and I posted on the site...

Here is the link to the string where we discussed it on the VNFAWING.com Forums...

http://www.vnfawing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1489

No one wanted you to go, and we said as much in posts and emails. We supported your work and allowed you to use our data archives, even though you did not do development for FAF. We allowed you to post links and promote your libraries. I had given you control of all Beta Testers, even though you refused to do testing yourself. I gave you Moderator status for the FAF Campaign Develoipment forums and you did a great job there, and I gave you moderator status in the FA support forums and you decided to leave on your own when many posts were directed to you for support issues that you said you could not answer. Your exile was self imposed and in my post above I kindly invited you back, until you decided to take it upon yourself to attack me here because I have to cut back on my online activities (which include alot more then just Zephyrnet, but its part of the list). I banned you now because you have taken it upon yourself to attack me and to be a rude SOB.

Additionally I supported you in your dispute with the Iona Republicans even though I didnt understand it. I also supported you in your HL ban and stood by your side with your anger at your fellow 369ers during that time and that earned me a temporary ban from the the 369th forums, but I did not waver as your friend...

For you to behave the way you are now is truely a sad thing. Its not something I enjoy or care to see, becasue you were my friend...

CAG out...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Mon Apr 04, 2005 15:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 14:59 pm 

Embarassment was never mentioned. I said that you presumed I knew every XP issue out there.

Here's the last e-mail I sent to you, it has all the previous ones in it.

Granted I am bad at taking hints I generally know when I am not wanted…thus I will abide by such necessities…

"If some among you fear taking a stand because you are afraid of reprisals from customers, clients, or even government, recognize that you are just feeding the crocodile hoping he'll eat you last."
Ronald Reagan

James Devlin

http://www.theforsakenoutlaw.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:19 PM
To: The Forsaken Outlaw
Subject: Re: What is going on with you?

Well Cent, you obviously beliieve these are valid reasons for leaving so I will not dispute them with you. however I will say one thing, you could have simply siad you didnt know the answer. I do that all the time. I just referred people to you for questions because I respected you and I thought you would like to take a crack at them.

Unfortunately the XP cert I received from Zephyr on FAF Korea and the shape color editor was incorrect and that program had to be completely rebuilt, but we solved that issue as a video drivers issue for certain types of video boards. We only just figured that out within the last few days...

Either way I am sorry to see you go. We all are. We also wish you the best.

CAG out...

----- Original Message -----

To: 'CAG Hotshot'

Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:21 PM

Subject: RE: What is going on with you?

To answers some of your questions:

Yes that will be the last article. Yes I will keep my site. As one of the reasons I left is that you assume I know everything about Windows XP and can effectively know every single solution to every single problem. Chances are if I didn’t reply to an XP problem or any problem it was because I simply did not have a solution or an answer. Video problems, Airbrush problems, etc. I know not of. I have never had any video problems with FA and I addressed that I could not get Airbrush to run on XP either, not that I knew why or how that could be fixed but that seemingly was ignored. All other problems, that I tried to help on were seemingly forgotten as well. That is merely one of the many reasons, most of which I don’t feel the need to disclose as they are unimportant and trivial. I will not be returning but I will, if I see a copy of FA-2 on the shelf, be purchasing it.

"If some among you fear taking a stand because you are afraid of reprisals from customers, clients, or even government, recognize that you are just feeding the crocodile hoping he'll eat you last."
Ronald Reagan

James Devlin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:25 AM
Importance: High

Then why did you leave? We cant figure out why you stopped helping people and why you left... We discused it on the Moderators Forum and also some of the regular guys asked about you and I dont know what to say to them, other then you are burned out, having a bit of a tough time right now, afterall you went though alot this last year, quitting the Iona Republicans couldnt have been fun or easy on you... You obviously are pissed at us, even though we dont know why. And you are burned out on FA and I know you have some other issues that you have to deal with as well.But its more then just that and you think you are unwanted for some reason? Heck we had people asking for all sorts of help from you when you went AWOL... And keeping things bottled up doesnt solve the issues. What is going on?

Also I posted your Volume 8 Cents World article today. Is this the last article you will be writing for the site? Are you going to keep your Forsakenoutlaw site? Please let me knwo what is going on...

Is that really asking alot?

CAG out...

Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:27 PM

That’s not why I left VNFAWING, that’s why I haven’t been active in the 369th.

Ronald Reagan

James Devlin

Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:17 PM

Funny... your own words dont pass muster as to why you left... This from your own post on the 369th board from the 2nd of January...

Posted by Centurian on 1/2/2005, 22:59:36

Hey guys I'm still out there. Sort of in a lull, lost faith in FA (odd huh, I lost interest but never faith...oh well), and what not.

Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 9:26 AM

Alas, such places where my presence is not missed are places that are better off without me…

Ronald Reagan

James Devlin

Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 3:10 AM
To: Centurian@theforsakenoutlaw.com
Subject: What is going on with you?

Cent, what is going on with you? Its been over a month now and I have only seen you online a few times and only 1 or 2 posts on Zephyrnet...

What is going on with you? You got me worried about you. What is happeneing? Did something happen? Are you in some kind of bind? DO you need help?

Let me know...

CAG out...

CAG Hotshot
FA Futures Main Developer
Webmaster & Administrator
VNFAWING.com Forums
Forums: http://vnfawing.com/forum

I highlighted in red some of the more important things that I have said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 15:06 pm 

You posted during my editing of my original post...

Please see above...

I wont be responding again, so if you want to continue thundering away you will be doing it without me seeing it or responding to it...

Again Cent, I am sorry you have chosen to destroy our friendship. I never intended or wanted that.

Take care, I wish you the best in the future, and if you ever decide you want to work things out, you are free to email me.

CAG out...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 20:16 pm 

Oh cent man! You are FREE to email him! Hows that?
LOL

So this is how it ends. How very interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 02:33 am 

I haven't turned on my computer in a few days, and can't believe what I'm seeing.

I wasn't going to comment but some of this is crazy.
And as I do occasionally must point out the con's to ZEPHYR's hands off approach to moderation.
The pro's are we get varied opinions from all over which I enjoy immensely, but at what price?

Now to pick a few specific bones ....
First

Quote:
You are one little nasty geek my friend cag.

Ali you are a virtual new comer getting involved in a group that has been united with a similar passion for quite a long time. Over what three boards now?
For you to pass a judgement like that, when almost all of us from time to time make mod and libs, each promoting each others works. And you yourself I guess working on something. Is total BS ..... back off.

This string does not shine a good light on any involved, this community, or this board.
Are you guys a bunch of 10 year olds or what ?
But I will stick up for CAG since the initial attack was from way out in left field.
And ask why?
Because it will be business as usual again someday and this string will be here as testimony to and brief moment of total insanity.
Unless ZEPHYR mercifully deletes it.

And shit like this starts wars ...
Why even enter into a senario that might devide the FA community into a ZEPHYR net side and the VNFA side.
I'm telling you this could be like the FA version of the Hatfields and McCoys.
A little moderation goes a long way
What more I can say to convay my dismay at two allies that have each done so much to keep an old game alive I.E. a shared interst .... I know not.

And before any BS is aimed my way I'd like to remind you knuckleheads of a couple things.
A battle over ideals is worth engageing in on my part, let the words fly.
But to a large degree personal silly ass attacks are aken to argueing with a woman over the phone. Nothing resolute can come of it, and they will absolutely say shit they would not to you face.
So please lets move on and for Gods sake why not respect CAG decission to do what he wants with his time.
You idiots.

"cool beanz"
D. "FETCH" Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:33 am 

Yea FETCH. Thanks for your Lesson. Ill be a good boy now.

Let's get united then. CAG comeback then. Fetch said we must be united.

FETCH I have to tell you this. Whatever question was asked in this forum, CAG answer with go to freakin vnfaw...com or something and go to the forum and all this shit. Im not against him leaving the place but he must keep in mind that we "all" started this shit.

His Ending is a start to end
very hard to believe

Secondly no one started a tag team match here. Unless you side with CAG. That case then, you started it.

Ill also tell you this FETCH. I probably can buy your house if i sell my watch. So i have no ambition for making money by modifying a game. I'll bet you JANES will go after you for that.

SO WHAT IM SAYIN?

I got my own ways of making money.
I have a life. Don't have the time making libs and missions.
just joined this site to learn more about the game
Your sayin you r a pro FETCH? Then good for you,
Lets See
How much money did you make outta this?
did you do your life any good?
made friends that help you with your life (not with the game)
???

you idiot call me an idiot? probably make more money in an hour than you make in a year.

You can debate with me all you want FETCH. But i really know who you are now and that's what matters. Dont care what arguments you bring in. Don't give a shit what you say either.

The only person that can save us is Zephyr.

Wanna talk face to face FETCH? fine with me. Ill get a ticket as soon as i can. I can say worst when wer face to face.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next