Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 13:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toolkit Q's
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 21:00 pm 

How do you add the Kuril and Ukraine maps to the toolkit so you can create missions on those maps? Also, how do you remove the default objects on the maps so you can start with a clean map? Finally, does the toolkit code god still look at the old forum to answer request for codes, cause I need a code for the toolkit.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 19:24 pm 

First of all if you have read the forum rules you would notice that asking for toolkit codes is strictly prohibited at this forum. Secondly to modify a map it is rather challenging specially if you are a newbi in editing. If i can remember correctly open toolkit. Select a map you want to modify from terrain map and then click ok. then open your toolkit folder then go to your project and then open mapname.mm folder using notepad. There you will see the list of all of the objects and titles which you can modify. you also have to do some thing with the flags to make them permament. i dont quite remember now. (long time from my map editing.) any way after you are editing, save the file and then go back to toolkit. open the same project and build and install the lib. go to the game and open that particular map. It should be what you wanted it to be!

hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 16:22 pm 

A brief update on the codes for FA Toolkit.

You can download a code generator either at my board, or the version that Zephyr uses at the FARC (FA resource center, Zephr's companion site that supplaments this board)
After some consultation Zephyr and I have decided to openly make these downloads available.

Due to the age of this product (FA Toolkit) and the related sim, it may be argued whether this is legal or not by guys that think they know what they are talking about (not implying you Ali, but other know it alls that may weigh in), but after reviewing some of the laws myself I have determined that there is absolutely NO legal repercussions in publicizing these code generators as long as it is not for profit.

In review ... go to the FARC (reccomended so as to keep traffic headed to the companion site to this board, see link upper left of this page) or my board and get your own code generator and save it to disk with the Toolkit and you are set for posterity and you'll have both for the next install.

I have not checked the FARC lately so as of our last discussion Zephyr and I where on the same page on this one, so as far as I know it is still there for download. At any rate it is, and will remain up for download at my board.
to access my board click my signature, and become a member to access the archives

"cool beanz"
D. "FETCH" Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 17:20 pm 

ok i was not aware. i just remember zephyr saying we are not to ask for codes here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 19:00 pm 

cool beanz, Ali
No worries, and no explanation necessary.
Please don't hesitate to help visitors to the board when you can.
Activity here has slowed down a bit, and you have become a valued member of this board ... keep up the good work.

As you say in your signature ...
FA rules

"cool beanz"
D. "FETCH" Jordan