Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 00:18 am 

Okay, Okay. Before you guys have me building missions for the Lafayette Escadrille, let me state that I'm looking for 1956 and newer.

I appreciate the ideas and take everything into consideration.

Some campaign ideas I've considered the past year or two, but haven't been inspired to build yet:

1. Iran-Iraq war (history based).
2. Persian Gulf oil tanker war (1980s) escalates drastically, as Pappy suggested. Perhaps sparked when USS Vincennes downed Iran Air Flight 655.
3. Korean War, any period after 1956.
4. French civil war with Muslim invasion (present).

For this year, six missions are so far completed for the 25 mission Linebacker campaign. There will be lots of Phantom B/J vs MiG missions. E model Sparrows, D model Sidewinders, and NO GUNS. :twisted:

Last edited by usnraptor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 22:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 15:41 pm 

4. ''French civil war with Muslim invasion (present)." Are you a medium?... (sarcasm)

In the near future..., this is surely what is waiting for us across our European continent.

These are just the consequences that you quote.

I would like to know what causes you will give in this campaign.

I look forward to knowing which scenario you will use.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 04:27 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Question for all:

If you were to have a campaign built for you, what campaign scenario would you like? What countries, time period, reasons for battle, etc...?

Also, are there certain missions that would be neat to have, either general or specific?

No time limit on this thread. I'm just looking for ideas when the time comes to build a new campaign.

Thx.

usnraptor wrote:
A Korean Campaign is high on my list. If FAF Korea is finished by then, I may build the campaign as a set. One for the usnraptor playset; one for FAF Korea.

Questions for everyone:

Other than the 1950-53 time period, What time period would you like to see?

What scenarios to include?

Countries involved?

Potential storyline?

Any other ideas to incorporate?

I still need campaigns built for FAF Korea ... I have multiple scenarios and examples of missions I can send you if you are interested... I want to replace all stock FA campaigns so that when FAF is installed all the campaigns will match up to proper aircraft and weapons, etc... It would be a big project. 1980s to early 90s era, 1998-2010 version, and a 1950s scenario will be among them as well...

I have a sample campaign manager that ran in a browser window to run a true war scenario online with downloadable missions but interest in FA dried up before I could deploy it and they were all stand alone missions that the server would host. The next missions available would depend on a win or loss...

Back in the day Radical_D altered it to run in a .net environment but we never followed up on it...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 06:45 am 

Radical_D is actually still around, he pops in once in a while on the Discord. He said he cannot get an account setup here so I told him to e-mail Zephyr.

This is from 10/12:
"I got bored this week and wrote a program to take 2D tile maps generated with Tiled (a tile map editor) and spit out the tmap lines for the theater map files (.MMs)"

https://github.com/artcodeco/tmapgen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 04:37 am 

Centurian57_369th wrote:
Radical_D is actually still around, he pops in once in a while on the Discord. He said he cannot get an account setup here so I told him to e-mail Zephyr.

This is from 10/12:
"I got bored this week and wrote a program to take 2D tile maps generated with Tiled (a tile map editor) and spit out the tmap lines for the theater map files (.MMs)"

Can you ask him to email me?

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 22:20 pm 

Just thought of this idea for the possible future.

Take the existing campaigns and remake them in different time periods.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 13:10 pm 

Unless life throws me another curve ball (I've already been nailed with a few lately), I plan to start converting the Baltic Campaign for aircraft & weapons available around 1975.

Currently reading books for research on a Rolling Thunder campaign for the Air Force. As with the other two Vietnam campaigns, this will be highly inspired by real life missions.

If anyone has opinions, ideas, request on these two campaigns, just PM me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 23:32 pm 

A lot has happened in the 4 years since starting this thread, both in regards to real-life events as well as FA development.

Just wanted to give this a bump to see if any more ideas have arisen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:37 am 

I'm up for a collab too on a campaign if you want.

I've been working on some things for GRx.
- Default campaigns first
- Some extra SP missions here & there
- Iraq-US 1980 or 1981 I forgot (fictional scenario based on the hostage crisis)
- Cuban Missile Crisis Gone Hot (devhell?)

Wouldn't mind a different flavor if you're game?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 04:08 am 

Centurian57_369th wrote:

This is from 10/12:

By the way Radical_D already did this very same thing back in 2005 and it has been residing on my website since that time. He also found a way to make a 512x512 sized map but I don't believe he ever solved the issue of the number of tiles. I have been trying to talk to him since that time with no luck and so far Cent you have not replied to my request to ask him to contact me when you see him on Discord... I am sure what I want to ask him is child's play for him now...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 18:39 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Centurian57_369th wrote:

This is from 10/12:

By the way Radical_D already did this very same thing back in 2005 and it has been residing on my website since that time. He also found a way to make a 512x512 sized map but I don't believe he ever solved the issue of the number of tiles. I have been trying to talk to him since that time with no luck and so far Cent you have not replied to my request to ask him to contact me when you see him on Discord... I am sure what I want to ask him is child's play for him now...

I totally dropped the ball on that one!
Holy cow okay I'm going to shoot him a note tonight on Discord when I get to my PC.