Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 06:39 am 

Well I couldn't leave well enough alone, and I am sure this does not surprise anyone... :D

Not having a proper MAD Boom on my P-3C was beginning to really bug me so I went back to it and have successfully completed it!

Now this is a Good And Proper P-3C Orion!! I am very happy with it!! I also have improved the skin a bit but have not yet tested that, but will tomorrow...

Next I can concentrate on the crash shapes. They should be quick and easy by comparison...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 20:56 pm 

CAG

WOW, it looks like the real one with the tail remodel!

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 03:49 am 

Pappy wrote:
CAG

WOW, it looks like the real one with the tail remodel!

Best Regards,
Pappy

Tail remodeled, upper fuselage remodeled, lower fuselage remodeled, wings remodeled on all three versions of the shape (far, intermediate, and close versions of the shape), skin improved, skin locations layout on the polygons corrected...

It was a 100% rebuild.

And their is an even more improved version I kept for FA Futures... :mrgreen:

This is the FA Futures only version... Proper NAVY and US Insignia location on the each side of the Fuselage, the proper layout of windows in the fuselage, removed the mirroring on the starboard side of the fuselage to remove the incorrect door on that side and allow the proper Navy markings. added the outline of the bomb-bay, and the correct number of hardpoints toward the center of the wing (added 2 more)...

Here is what she looks like now... Absolutely finished and perfect!

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 23:49 pm 

CAG

The NAVY on the plane really adds to the realism.
The Navy planes in USNF97 and USN had NAVY on them which added to the game realism.

Great addition! :D

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 23:58 pm 

Outstanding! Your visionary (that's a real word, right?) and hard work just goes to show this game's graphics have so much potential. It's too bad the developers stopped short on its potential. I'm sure money and deadlines from EA had something to do with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 08:27 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Outstanding! Your visionary (that's a real word, right?) and hard work just goes to show this game's graphics have so much potential. It's too bad the developers stopped short on its potential. I'm sure money and deadlines from EA had something to do with it.

Gosh thanks! I think they (the developers) never knew what they really had... And I do things in very unconventional ways, which is why I am able to come up with some good shapes and improved skins within the confines of this game engine... Also the limits of the old games FA was based on were from the DOS world with its 640K limitations. You just have to think outside the box to come up with new solutions for improvements that work within the FA world...

I do everything manually when I create a shape and improve the skin. The good old fashioned brain is always superior to any tools because tools have the limits that out minds dont... :mrgreen:

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 08:29 am 

Pappy wrote:
CAG

The NAVY on the plane really adds to the realism.
The Navy planes in USNF97 and USN had NAVY on them which added to the game realism.

Great addition! :D

Best Regards,
Pappy

Thanks Pappy. I really had to rack my brain to come up with a solution that worked to get the skin to display the Navy and the US Insignia properly. I just didn't give up until I got it! :D

And yes she would look beautiful in formation with the A-4, A-7, F-4, and F-8... and hopefully the A-1 with that improved skin and single seat bubble canopy you want!

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 23:13 pm 

CAG

I also like the highvis US roundels, just like in USN and USNF97 games.
It is good to let the bad guys know who they are messing with. :)

Keep the good works coming! :D

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 06:39 am 

usnraptor wrote:

PS - 1 thing I will never have is your skills in mission making and campaigns. I have enjoyed flying yours over the years. When I get FAF stable enough perhaps you could work on some Korean War campaigns using the libraries. It would be a welcome addition to top off all the work...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 06:43 am 

Pappy wrote:
CAG

I also like the highvis US roundels, just like in USN and USNF97 games.
It is good to let the bad guys know who they are messing with. :)

Keep the good works coming! :D

Best Regards,
Pappy

Thanks I will try Pappy! The High Vis are my favorites. That is why I built CAG birds for all the Naval Aircraft in FAF because they are the only ones allowed to display those awesome bright colors and insignia...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 13:54 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

PS - 1 thing I will never have is your skills in mission making and campaigns. I have enjoyed flying yours over the years. When I get FAF stable enough perhaps you could work on some Korean War campaigns using the libraries. It would be a welcome addition to top off all the work...

Thanks for those kind words. It is very rewarding knowing people are enjoying the work I have done.

Even though I have been doing other campaigns this past year, I have been thinking about a present day Korean War campaign for quite a while now. With the current world situation, I wonder if it'll be fictional or factual.

Let me finish up the Linebacker campaign (8 of 25 complete), assess my current life condition, and then hopefully we can work out a deal on the campaign; perhaps a hybrid that will be played on both FAF and the Playset.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 05:09 am 

usnraptor wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
usnraptor wrote:

Thanks for those kind words. It is very rewarding knowing people are enjoying the work I have done.

Even though I have been doing other campaigns this past year, I have been thinking about a present day Korean War campaign for quite a while now. With the current world situation, I wonder if it'll be fictional or factual.

Let me finish up the Linebacker campaign (8 of 25 complete), assess my current life condition, and then hopefully we can work out a deal on the campaign; perhaps a hybrid that will be played on both FAF and the Playset.

That would be tough to do because I have changed so many default FA items I don't think you could run any missions for FAF in any other setup. All the items would either not be found or be the wrong items for the mission. I am available any time to discuss any work you might be interested in doing on missions or campaigns. No hurry.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website