Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 20:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:48 am 

Has anyone figured out how to change which runway AI pilots use for take-offs and landings?

In particular, I would like to change the original usnf airport to have only the left runway active, and make the right one disappear.

However, being able to reconfigure all runways would be a nice benefit.

One more request: does anyone have an invisible shape, both near and far away, for the dirt strip runway that I can implement in to the playset? If so, please send.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 04:02 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to change which runway AI pilots use for take-offs and landings?

In particular, I would like to change the original usnf airport to have only the left runway active, and make the right one disappear.

One more request: does anyone have an invisible shape, both near and far away, for the dirt strip runway that I can implement in to the playset? If so, please send.

Nope... The best I have been able to do is change positions for a element or section takeoff...

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 02:05 am 

usnraptor wrote:

I have an invisible version of that dirt runway… also why don’t you just replace the 2 runway shape with a single runway shape? Just rename it to the name of the 2 runway shape and it will solve your issue.

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:35 pm 

I was building new airports for the Korean map, and was trying to match the layout as close as possible to the real-life version.

Both of the single runways in FA have the player park to the right, with a little square tarmac. The original usnf runway has parking to the left, with the appearance of two tarmacs (even though only one is active).

I was going for a certain look. If we were able to make only one runway the active for both landings and departures, then the other could be lined or covered with buildings, equipment, etc..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 00:21 am 

usnraptor wrote:
I was building new airports for the Korean map, and was trying to match the layout as close as possible to the real-life version.

Both of the single runways in FA have the player park to the right, with a little square tarmac. The original usnf runway has parking to the left, with the appearance of two tarmacs (even though only one is active).

I was going for a certain look. If we were able to make only one runway the active for both landings and departures, then the other could be lined or covered with buildings, equipment, etc..

Ok I see what you are getting at but the problem is that I have no idea how to change the locations of the way the AI taxi to the runway or how the game determines which runway is active... Have you tried importing the USNF runways? The shape and object file as well as the skin file (texture)?

By the way you are duplicating the work I am doing for FAF Korea. There are only a few single runway airbases in Korea in real life. There are even 3 and 4 runway airports/airbases. I built Incheon airport with 4 runways. Works pretty well. I altered the shapes to better represent how they look in real life and altered the map to allow for their semi-proper location to work in the sim...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website