Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 07:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 01:25 am 

Hello everyone,

I have shared a lot of progresss with The Community Weapon Packs (CWP for short). The purpose of CWP is to create ordinancesthat modders can use for modding Jane's FA. It is my intentions to include the following ordinances:

AAM, AGM, Bombs, Rockets, gun tracers, etc... All Historical, prototype, experimental, planned, and 'what if'.

And note that the shapes does not match the exact shape nor the way it look relatively to the size of body and fins. The Jane's FA have limitations for SH (shape file), it only use an integer (whole number), so there is only 1, 2, 3, 5, etc. There is no decimal number (double or float), therefore the shape parts is either too short, too long, too small, or too big. I have to find the right spot and do my best to match the actual shape. Therefore it is semi-accurate. I especially intend to make it match the Jane's FA style. There is also another limitation for now; I do not know how to add an extra vertexes nor turn any plain face (polygon) into texture-able face. I can only do what is currently available in OpenFA tools.

Each seperated threads will cover the following CWP: United States, Soviet - Russia, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. This thread is where the update and download links will be posted. Anyone can discuss anything about CWP and make request. I can not promise to meet the request since I have many projects to do for AAM. However, my favorite era of AAM is from 1950s to 1970s, the early era of AAMs. That is why you will see many early era AAMs. However, the feedback are always welcomed, they are what will allow me to improve CWP further.

The CWP v1.1.8 is currenty available in our discord and there are tons of screenshots relatedc to CWP there too. The next version CWP 1.1.9 will have link posted in both discord and here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD

CWP v1.1.9: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ulvw4clt ... 9.zip/file

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGE LOG
Code:
v1.1.9    - Reworked AIM-7s and AIM-120s shape and texture
      - Added Skyflash series
      - Added PL-10
      - Added RB series AAM for Sweden
      - Added IRIS-T and Meteor AAMs
      - Added Firestreak and Red Top AAMs
      - Added Firestreak and Red Top AAMs
      - Added Italy Aspide series AAM and SAMs
      - Added screenshots (preview0 for each weapons

Cheers!

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

Last edited by Eagle114th on Mon May 27, 2024 02:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 02:22 am 

Hello everyone,

The new version of CWP v1.1.9 is now released and the link and change log is included in the first post. The README.txt is also included in CWP folder.

Cheers!

Eagle114th

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF