Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 06:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Our time is upon us.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 18:04 pm 

Heck yes, and look how much more popular FA is as a result of it! He has done a magnificient job, and to think he almost gave up on the FA section!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 20:45 pm 

Zephyr deserves all our thanks as he has in a way introduced many of us to the FA comunity as well as FA. I nkow personaly I almost threw alway FA after a while I got bored with it but then stumbled onto FARC. I had the game sence 1998 and only in 2000 I found out about the toolkit.

August 2nd 2003
The 110th Anniversary of Yugolsaivan Aviation!
St. Elias the gardian of the Fighter pilot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 00:14 am 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
"Lord knows 1/10th of my ideas actually got past lol. "

?????

Cent do you mean its amazing that 1/10 of your ideas got past Zephyr? Or?

No, 1/10th that succeeded in general.

For all your FA needs and Game Remod 6 visit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:32 am 

O.I.C.... Well thats no surprise... considering! LMAO!! hehe :twisted: :twisted:

(just incase you are uncertain Cent, this is just a well meaning little poke in the ribs! :D )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 22:16 pm 

I know, I'm digging up an old thread, but I found this to be rather amusing how back in 2003, everyone was talking about the end of the line for FA. Yet, here we are another 14 years later.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 19:24 pm 

No it died a long time ago... whats here is the flotsam and jetsam.

TSH Member/Developer
VNFAWING.com Forum Administrator

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

FA Futures/FA-2 is Still Being Worked On and Will Be Released...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 17:17 pm 

Now it is 2021.

I just want to share with you all that I have lately been receiving e-mails from fans telling me that they are 'rediscovering' Fighters Anthology and are enjoying all the work we have been doing all these years.

What other computer gaming community can say that ?

Here is one excerpt:
Quote:
...I loved FA when it was released back then (I was 13 years old...) and these days I managed to reinstall it and... Really I can't stop playing! So I got out there and started looking for extra mods/libs etc. I visited jkpeterson and your website and found a HUGE variety of libs etc. Already worked most of them, in campaigns I can say you have done EXCELLENT work! All your campaigns are top quality, and since I am living in Greece I can say I loved the Greece one (hehe)...

Here is another:
Quote:
I can't tell you how much I've been enjoying playing your Playset mods for Fighters Anthology. Like many, US Navy Fighters was one of my favorite gaming experiences back in the day. Not only have your brought it back to life for me, but you have taken the experience to another level that I could not have even dreamed of. So far I have only had the pleasure to experience the Rolling Thunder and Yankee Station '64 campaigns, but the realism, immersion, action, intensity, history and attention to detail is highly fun, addictive, and rewarding. Your time, effort and research really shows and makes for my personal favorite gaming experience at this time. I plan to play the Baltic 76 campaign next, because I also really enjoy Soviet/Russian aircraft, and also will try your makeover of the Ukraine campaign and then the Yankee Station 72 campaign because you do the Vietnam stuff so well. But eventually I'll have to play all of them.

Even though they are talking to me in these messages, I know they really mean all of us who have contributed over the years. I could not have done what I have without the help of the other developers and modders, past and present. This is a team effort. Even though we can be our own worse critics, I believe we can all take pride in the work we have done and share in the joy we bring to others.

Well done team !!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 20:17 pm 

Thumbs Up, Zephyr!

Best Regards,
Pappy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 19:43 pm 

It is year 2021, I have been a member of FA community since I was a young teen (late 90s). Now here it is, as you mentioned, 2021. FA still is a truly shining gem simulation for all of us. There is no sim that replace nor do exactly what FA do!

Posting here again after a very long time bought so much of nostalgic memories. The style here reminded me so much of 90s when using Window 95 / 98 / Me before moving to Window XP. (I went through 95 / 98 / Me / XP / Vista (that was purely nightmare!) / 7 / 10 (I skipped 8 and 8.1).

I remembered the old days when I used ICQ with custom skins while self teaching how to use Window 95 before moving to 98. That was a huge time for me back there.

It is amazing to see everyone still being here! I am going to blow the dusts out of FA disc and start flying FA with mods / libs again soon!

I currently play a game known as "War Thunder", due to the flexibility of keyboard and mouse option. That way I can play it when I am at the café or at anywhere outside my home. That way I can play it casually. However, when I am back home, I can use my trusty joystick and throttle mini-HOTAS for any simulations / games.

If FA ever include keyboard + mouse control, it would make it very convenience to play when going outside of home. However, it would not give us an immersive experience and the nostalgic experiences though. However, including more modern options to FA is still win-win though.

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 08:15 am 

:o :o :o Hey Eagle how are you doing!!! Its been a very long time!

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 19:32 pm 

CAG Hotshot

I am doing great, thank you, sir!

It is great to see you again too! It is amazing that everyone is still active with Jane's Fighter Anthology!

Let's be honest, even with my current sims / games I have now, still there is nothing that match the legendary FA and the features within it.

I miss the quick mission, mission maker, the very GUI with 'clicking' sounds (I could feel the clicking when I have a speaker on), the reference, etc.

The sims such as IL-2 series, Strike fighters series (That sims are way too simple), especially War Thunder still doesn't offer the great experiences like Jane's series sim offered.

For example, when I played Jane's WWII fighter along with Jane's FA during the young age, their GUI, virtual museum, mission creator, and another features gave me a mind-blown experiences. No other WWII sim have that features.

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 20:55 pm 

Eagle114th wrote:
Let's be honest, even with my current sims / games I have now, still there is nothing that match the legendary FA and the features within it.

I miss the quick mission, mission maker, the very GUI with 'clicking' sounds (I could feel the clicking when I have a speaker on), the reference, etc.

The sims such as IL-2 series, Strike fighters series (That sims are way too simple), especially War Thunder still doesn't offer the great experiences like Jane's series sim offered.

For example, when I played Jane's WWII fighter along with Jane's FA during the young age, their GUI, virtual museum, mission creator, and another features gave me a mind-blown experiences. No other WWII sim have that features.

Why not come back? The game can be played on modern computers (well, that's what everyone keeps telling me).

I've created several new campaigns over the years. Check out my website for more info. Just google search 'usnraptor', download the latest Playset, and follow the simple directions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 02:02 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Eagle114th wrote:

Why not come back? The game can be played on modern computers (well, that's what everyone keeps telling me).

I've created several new campaigns over the years. Check out my website for more info. Just google search 'usnraptor', download the latest Playset, and follow the simple directions.

USNRaptor,

That is a great idea! I am going to check Playset lib. I look forward to it. I have many libs to catch up and play with. I look forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 03:59 am 

usnraptor wrote:
Eagle114th wrote:

Yes indeed FA actually runs with more stability in Win10 than it did in even XP! I just dont know if you can build libs in Win10 (I have not tried it)...

TSH Member/Developer

VNFAWING Forums
VNFAWING Website

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 21:25 pm 

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Yes indeed FA actually runs with more stability in Win10 than it did in even XP! I just dont know if you can build libs in Win10 (I have not tried it)...

You can't, the FATK doesn't work on W10.
So what I do is run VMWARE PLAYER and do a WINXP VM and voila.

You can copy & paste back and forth between the VM and W10 so I build the LIBs there, transfer to W10, fly, rinse, repeat.