Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 15:08 pm 

Just thought I would add this update...

By removing some of the redundant and duplicate type files form FAF (such as F-15 and F-16D versions for all squadrons, which is un-necesary for squadron use in the Campaign Manger, I instead left 1 F-15D and 1 F-16Ds total) and the removal of some excess items, such as unused shape or texture files for previously deleted items that I had forgotten to delete, I have found enough space to fully model all the vehicles used in Russian type Artillery regiments...

All the Artillery Vehicles (2S1,2,3,4,5,6,and 7s), the artillery rocket vehicles, the command and control vehicles and the recon vehicles, the counterbattery radar vehicles, etc so that now full divisonal elements can be emulated for strike missions. I have built a sample mission for a full up engagement against a Russian Artillery regiment supporting an attack by a Russian armored force. The mission incorporates all the various artillery vehicles doing thier specific missions such as supporting fire, counter battery location and fire, air defense, local area security, and forward observers. This allows you to undertake a deep strike mission agaisnt these assets and blunt their support against blue forces engaging the advance elements of the 1st and 2nd armored echelons...

This leads to a very 'spirited' engagement against multiple forces arrayed 'in depth' and allows the FAF pilot to better experience the modern battlefield as much as FA will allow. Plus the way a counterbattery artillery attacks takes place, from a previously idle artillery battallion that only engages after it detects an enemy artillery battallion firing in support of its forces...

CAG out...

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Fri Mar 12, 2004 17:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 16:11 pm 

So how many items will the LIB have combined?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 17:08 pm 

combined? Do you mean in total? The libraries are actually smaller then they currently are, thus leading to increased stability and reduction in CTDs due to the memory leak resident in the FA.exe file...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 18:20 pm 

I would mark that particular detail as the biggest revolution to FA. Barring aside the hex editing, overcoming that is what opens all the doors and such. Without that nothing would be possible.