Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 22:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 13:10 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but am a long-time FA player. I put it down for a few years, but just reinstalled it last night.

I'm actually shocked that there's still a community of active FA enthusiasts! It's a good kind of shock, that's for sure :)

Here's my question:
I used to really enjoy the 714 libs, but I remember there were no changes to SAMS/AAA. Is there a lib that changes just SAMS/AAA/Ground Vehciles to be more realistic, but is compatible with the 714 libs?

I loved the dogfighting experience of the 714 libs, but the ATG aspect of the libs were severely lacking. If something like this does exist, it might just fuel enough desire to work on a campaign.

Thanks Guys!

-Groove_GFA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 14:48 pm 

Keep in mind that it was the best *at the time*. It's been many, many years since I last played - so I'm glad to hear there is something better out there.

If you've got any alternative suggestions, I would love to hear them. I'm looking for something that squeezes as much realism out of FA as possible.

I'd really appreciate some advice on what libs this dinosaur should be using in this day and age for maximum realism. ;)

-Groove_GFA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 14:55 pm 

Well, I noticed there's a library called "JKPFA." It sounds promising, so I'm going to download it and give it a try.

I'm probably going to ask a lot of silly questions, remember it has been *many years* since I've played. So I forget about 90% of what I new in the 'past life'. ;)

Thanks Guys.

-Groove_GFA

Post subject: Libs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 21:49 pm 

I have had alot of fun with Kapset 3.0. Under the picture on the forum page click the link for other libs for FA. This forum is provided by the maker of the JPK lib.

Regards,
Pappy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 22:59 pm 

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to give the Zephyr and Kapset libs a good play through and see which one I prefere the most.

I played a little bit for a few hours today to get familiar with the game again. It's slowly coming back...

The whole experience has got me pretty nostalgic, and am working on getting some ideas together for some kind of campaign scenario. Hopefully some of these ideas will come to fruition.

-Groove_GFA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 16:48 pm 

hey ill be releasing an update for my lib soon it will be more accurate. I can email you the BETA version if u want. I have made it as accurate as possible. Specially the SAMs and AAA. I think im gonna call the "oil crisis". :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 01:00 am 

Hey Grip!

Good to see you! It's been so long since I've been in touch with the rest of the GFA crew. I'd estimate about 3 years now I think...

I think most of the guys are still at the website (www.gfamilitary.com). I just re-discovered it tonight - looks like they're doing some kind of re-design. I've just registered for the forums over there as well, so hopefully I'll get in touch with them again. :)

I'd imagine that Black, AZ, Ripper, and Skydawg are probably still active. What have you been up to these years?

Ali - I'm always up for some playtesting... but I'm so rusty I can't even remember all the wingman commands! I figured the controls out again last night and am getting more comfortable. Sooner or later I should be back in full form again.

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 23:24 pm 

Come on over to the discussion forums and register man! (http://www.gfamilitary.com/forum/)

Most of the old crew is there. I didn't see Wardog around, but some of the other guys might know where he is.

Skydawg lives in Atlanta I think, or close to it. You'll have to stop by the forums and see everyone again, they'd love to see you I bet!

-Groove