Zephyr Net

Return to the Fighters Anthology Resource Center

Go to the VNFAWING.com Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 06:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 08:54 am 

Hello everyone,

As planned, I am writing an instruction on how to install and run Jane's Fighter Anthology on their true aspect resolution by using dgVoodoo2 and improve the visual with reshade.

NOTE:
There are a powerful tools that are used to allow old games / simulations to work with Windows 10. It is known as dgVoodoo2. You can find it at this link:

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

You can use it to tweak / configure to see if you can get any old sims / games running.

Secondly, there are an awesome tool known as reshade, it a post-processing injector for games. With it, you can implement ambient occlusion, depth of field, color correction and other effects. You can find it at this link:

https://reshade.me/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, there are different solution to get Jane's series sims running on Windows 10. I tried different solutions. I am sharing what I find most successful. I am not sure if the sounds actually work though, so please let me know if the sounds works in the sims.

NOTE: The instruction may change through time if there are alternative methods of getting the sims to run on Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

> Install Jane's Fighter Anthology <

1) Install Jane's Fighter Anthology, patch it, and make sure it is functional. Any kind of FA.exe is fine (Clean FA.exe, modified FA.exe, or nocd version will still work.)

> dgVoodoo2 <

2) Download dgVoodoo2 and extract the file.

3) Copy all files from dgVoodoo2_72\MS\x86 folder to Jane's Fighter Anthology main folder.

4) Copy all files: dgVoodoo.config and dgVoodooCpl.exe to Jane's Fighter Anthology main folder.

5) Run dgVoodooCpl.exe, and I tweaked it this way (I am still learning about using dgVoodooCpl.exe):

6) Run Jane's FA and test to see if you get a true aspect ratio.

> Reshade <
NOTE: Reshade causes Jane's FA instability with the mouse cursor. If mouse is not visiblle, ALT+F4 (Exit to Desktop) then re-run Janes FA. What worked for me is when you run Jane's FA, make sure you click on spacebar to skip an intro video, straight to Jane's FA main menu.

7) Download reshade and run ReShade_Setup_4.9.1.exe

Click on what is shown on the picture:

----------------------------------------

9) Run Jane's FA and when you go to the main menu, press "Home" key to bring up Reshade screen and read the tutorial. When you are done, go to Setting, click on Effect Toggle, assign it to any key. I recommend Scroll Lock as shown in the picture.

That way you have easy access to key and experiment with reshade options.

To exit Reshade screen, press "Home" key again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, if you want to unistall Reshade, delete the following folder and files:

reshade-shaders
dxgi.dll
dxgi.log
ReShade.ini

"Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience."
Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF